New computer, need parts advice!

Oh, yeah, I was going with that ASUS because it had 3 PCIe slots, but I honestly doubt I'd ever end up using them, so I'll stick with the Foxconn. And thanks for the note on the 1066, I meant to get that, but I guess i just missed the speed. Thanks so much for your help, you've all been tremendously helpful!

EDIT: One final, final thing: Aftermarket cooling, worth it or no? I'd like to overclock, but I don't intend to be a hardcore OC'er, just getting a bit more out.

EDIT: One final, final thing: Aftermarket cooling, worth it or no? I'd like to overclock, but I don't intend to be a hardcore OC'er, just getting a bit more out.
You could always just buy one later once you've got the hang of overclocking. Believe me, once you start, you always want to get it higher.

You could always just buy one later once you've got the hang of overclocking. Believe me, once you start, you always want to get it higher.

This is very true.... And @ OP I love how you put "I don't intend to be a hardcore OC'er"....LOL I don't think many people do when they first start but once you get the hang of it you will want to try and push it just that lil more....:D:D:D

GL with your new purchase and let us know how everything turns out...

Hah, I know, I've got my current rig OC'ed and all, but I haven't messed with voltage and multiplier yet, just the clock speed. That'll change soon though!

Thanks for your help too, Poker.

Back
Top Bottom