New computer help!!!

bludfalkon

Beta member
Hi, I just built a new computer for my friend and we seem to have a little problem. The power supply is 400w and when I plug the power cord in the power supply fan and CPU fan start spinning. When I press the power button nothing happens! Everything from the power supply is plugged in properly I don't know what could be wrong also the power sw cable from the case is connected to the mobo, help appriciated.

Thanks

here are the specs if needed:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ socket 939
Asus A8V Deluxe
1 gb (2 x 512) Kingsmax ram
Geforce 6600GT OC 128mb
Maxtor 80gb SATA

It looks like your mobo might have been zapped by static electricity,have u tried that?

I hope this works.

I think you've somehow shorted the power with the button lead so that when you plug it in, straight away it starts up, and the power button won't do anything since to the power supply, its already set to on.

Double check the little leads that plug into the motherboard (the ones for the buttons and lights) are all plugged up correctly and in the right spaces :) The motherboard manual should help with this, but you do have to be careful. Thats what it'll be anyway

I hope this helps :)

Yay, i would check to see if all the cords are in the right place from the switch like kage said.

he says he turns the psu on and it powers up automatically...that suggests to me alot of power :p Its just being short circuted so the power button is always set to on to the computer.

because a switch only has 2 positons, and it must be shorting the one to connect both connections together to create a full circuit.

That PSU is plenty big enough. Take your Power SW connector and switch it around and see if that cures it. They have a + and - side, so if they are switched, that causes problems. :D

Back
Top Bottom