new computer build

I get a message about couldn't load the page.
Something about prices being different. It loads the page anyway.
Just to be sure we are talking about the same system here.
This price is 1919£, Right?

Quite a lot of money for a build.
You are not up for building it yourself? You are gonna save a lot.

If not.
Here is are some things to consider

Optical media:
Do you really need a blueray player? I don't even have a DVD drive in my ovn computer.
It's a dying media. But if you need blueray, go for it.
Just note you can save 50£ by not choosing to have an optical drive.

Sound card:
You don't need a sound card. Use onboard.

Motherboard:
I would have chosen that one myself. But i have the excuse of being an enthusiast. You don't.
The ASUS Z170-A has all the same features, and you save 72£.

Storrage drives:
You really need both an SSD, an PCI SSD, an M.2 SSD AND a HDD?
I can see why you would want an SSD as primary drive. You can't configure it to have the M.2 drive as the primary(where windows is installed) and have the HDD as the secondary. You should call them and hear if they could install windows on the M.2 Drive.
If they can do that, You should just chose the 512gb M.2 SSD and the 2TB HDD. You are gonna save 50 bucks, but loose 100GB of fast storrage. However, i think it's worth it. Besides i would personally not like to have 4 different storrage devices in my computer. You could also go with another storrage setup. That's just the one i would have chosen. Or what about having ONLY the 1TB Samsung SSD?
You save 80 pounds and you have more fast storrage (but a bit slower). That's also a good option. But your current configuration is a little odd to me.

RAM:
You don't need 16 gig of RAM.
Save yourself 37£ and go for the 2x8 2400mhz kit. You are gonna se no difference in performance

GPU:
Good choice. But the savings could give you a 980 instead

PSU:
I would personally go for the 750W instead. Gives you more efficiency, specially if you through in the 980. In takes more power.

CPU:
Go with an I5. You don't need an I7.
You are gonna see 0fps difference in games. The I7 is for professional or enthusiastic users.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom