New Comp. Won't boot

Starr

Daemon Poster
I just built my friends computer and it won't boot up. Nothing fires. For all I am worth the wiring is right. I could be wrong. I don't know.... any suggestions?

Hm ok. The PSU came attatched to the case. I will check the CPU fan later.

I just hope that nothing is fried.

it could be the ram i had to use spare ddr 333 ram for my system just to boot and then i had to increase the volts of the ram to 2.6. then i put in the new ram ddr 400 infineon and now it boots. it could be a memory problem. try other spare ram you have lying around.

EDIT= i have almost exactly same specs as you except my mobo is different.

if nothing comes on that means that eithier the button on the case is bad, the motherboard isnt hooked up to the case's button, the psu isnt hooked up to the motherboard, something is wrong with the psu, the psu is not set the correct voltage for your country (the red switch on the back - 115 for north amercia), the psu isnt plugged in, or there is something shorting the motherboard out like a lose screw.

if its not making any sounds when u turn it on and the speaker is hooked up then its either the cpu or he board, q: is it a integrated chip

First off the specs in my sig are mine not my friends.

He has a

3200+ venice core
stock heatsink
Biostar NF4UL-A9 mobo with a nforce 4 chipset
Sound blaster audigy 2
Sapphire x700
2x 1 GB sticks of PQI dual channel RAM
Ram is in slots 1 and 3 for dual channel mode.
I forgot the case I can look it up but it has a 420 Watt power supply.

I zoomtm is right and it is a loose screw. I will have to wait untill he is home.

I tightened the screws which didn't help. I think that something is fried. The wiring is correct. The heatsink is on correctly. We pulled out a stick of RAM which didn't help.

I don't know why something would be fried.. I grounded myself to the case before I started working.

Also, we popped out the front pannel and the wires that connect to the power switch looked like they were glued on. I don't recall seeing that aren't they usually just soldered?

H/o, if the Hard Drive is plugged into the SATA connector then should the CD be in the Master or Slave IDE slot? I have it in master, would that cause a problem? Also, I didn't connect the sound connecter from the CD drive to the Sound card.

the secondary ide is always the "preferred" channel for optical drives, but if u need to use the primary, i havent heard of any issues

Ok, there are those little wires with the single pin hole. They are the ground wires. Where do those go?

Back
Top Bottom