New comp isnt working

akshay313 said:
yea my monitor is connected. its also making some other noises which i do not recognize.

ill try taking out the ram and ill tell you what happens.

Can you explain the noises? And when ya do ya RAM try removing and reseating ya graphics card

k in the beginning it buzzes twice then after a couple of seconds beeps.

and i reseated my graphics card, and took out the ram and the same thing happened.

There will be a jumper (usually near ya battery on the mobo) it will say something like CMOS reset. Look in ya manual if ya not sure, there will be 3 pins with a jumper connecting 2 of them, just move the jumper along, leave for 10 seconds then put it back to were it was

there is something that says CLR_CMOS but the only thing i see beside it is 2 pins not three. what does a jumper look like?

yeah thats the one, just short the 2 pins. A jumper is the little piece of plastic that ya will find on the back of your HDD to set master/slave etc. Just had a look at the manual for your board and it doesnt come with the jumper so people dont reset by mistake

you just need to short the pins for 10 seconds, just use a screwdriver or something similar and hold it on both pins, or if ya have a spare jumper, stick that on the pins for 10 seconds then take it back off

Back
Top Bottom