New Comp Build need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

xnexesx

Beta member
Hi Im new here, but i need some opinions. Building a new system for my house and am having a little trouble deciding on the components.

I have a case, keyboard, monitor, and mouse from my old comp.
Just purchased some of the parts and i need help deciding on a graphics card. Im gonna be using teh comp for internet photo stuff and of course a little gaming dont plan on doing to much with oc'ing.

Heres what i have or plan on getting:

Case:
Ultra Wizard Mini-tower gaming case w/green uv window

Motherboard:
ASUS A8V deluxe

Processor:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ winchester chipset

RAM
Geil value 1GB(2x512) 184 pin sdram ddr400 pc3200 model gb1gb3200bdc

HDD:
Something 200gig

Graphic card:
????

This is where i run into a problem I have been out of touch with with the tech world that i cant decide on a video card. I want something thats compatible with the mobo and can output to tv. But i dont wann break the bank either

Help will not go unthanked.

WiZ

Baseband Member
Honestly, i would go with an ATI graphics card.

x16 ATI RadeonTM X850 XT Platinum Edition graphics card.

I have always had ATI. Never had any problems.

turtile

Fully Optimized
Next week the Nvidia 7800GTX is coming out. So I would wait and see if ATI comes out with new cards or if they decide to lower the prices on the older generation.

MeTsU

Beta member
Like turtile mentioned, the 7xxx series is coming out next week. I'd hang in there to see if prices drop - which they should. Also, depending on who you favour, in my case, ATi, maybe wait and see what the final CrossFire results are going to be. I know they havgin yield problems at the moment, which is slowing everything down.

At the end of the day, it's your choice. :D

Hacp

Daemon Poster
The 7xxx will def break the bank. Get 6600GT. Awesome card for its price and won't break the bank.
Edit: Yes wait 2 weeks. Prices will def drop. Maybe then you can get 6800GT. Or maybe, ATI will respond to the price drops and lower its x800.

xnexesx

Beta member
thanks for the advice everyone. Definitly will wait acouple weeks on that see if prices drop(have to wait till next payday anyway). is there a very noticible difference between the 6600gt and the 6800gt?

Hacp

Daemon Poster
It depends. On high end games on the highest settings, there is a big difference between the 6800Gt and the 6600Gt. But on mid range settings, there isn't that much of a difference. Just depends on how graphic intensive the games you want to play are.

xnexesx

Beta member
Well i decided to go with the 6600gt. But now need some advice on a good psu. I want something that supplies about 480-500w and doesnt make a lot of noise any suggestions. also im gonna be using 1 hdd, 2 dvd drives and possibly some case lighting and maybe an extra fan or 2.

Hacp

Daemon Poster
I'm not too familiar with psus, but I have an antec 400 watts and it runs fine. Its quiet too. I don't own a ocz psu or any other company's psu, so I can't vouch for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.