new case

Wallaby Dan

Fully Optimized
I think i have figured out which case i want for my computer and future builds. Its a Rosewill Brand, Model Redbone U3 Mid-tower.

Rosewill REDBONE Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case w/ Red LED Fan | eBay

Anyone of you have one by chance?? Any known issues?? From what i could find out it has good ratings. There are a copuple of U-Tubes on it too!

I just want to get your opinion before i go and put down the money on it. Thanks Dan:whistling:

Only thing i don't like is one dvd drive. I use two when mixing music or dvds. other than that is a cool looking case. I am not as touchy about looks as i am function. I would be happy with all black without the red front and red fans. That one has room for three optical drives and a 31/4 slot for a media card reader i have. One other thing is that the 150 mm fan on my processor can run cold air through the side clear panel. I will be getting a couple of other 120 mm fans for it so when i do this it should be COOL!!! Later on i will be changing the motherboard. it will be a micro atx board. My main thing is cool. I need it to be cool. That and i have had the current case for lots of years and i think 5 builds. Its getting worn out. Need new design. Seems all these newer boards require more cooling than the older models but mine is running too warm for me. Anyway, thats where i am for now.

I'm having some trouble understanding your goals. Are you trying to fix this issue, or do you just want to swap cases? Have you tried applyig paste? If you haven't, do not think changing cases will help at all. From what I've read, you believe 38°C is too much for the GPU. I disagree. But the CPU is too hot indeed. No matter what you end up doing with the case, you'll need to apply some paste. Although you never provided any specs so it is hard to help you that way.

I share the "function over form" philosofy too. Although that case has no frontal USB ports (again, I do not know if this is relevant because I do no have your specs). What do you think of this?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/c67wrH/thermaltake-case-ca1b200m1nn00

I like Thermaltake better than Rosewill, and that one has frontal 3.0 ports, but it's your call. It has 3 5.25'' bays.

I'm not sure what you mean by 31/4 bays. Maybe you mean 3.5''? 3.5'' slots are quite rare. Better look for something with 5.25'' slots and put your card reader there.

Humm I think that one could work for me.

Biggest issue is cooling. Cooler is new and so is processor, 2 months old. I added plenty of paste. I always cover the case with thin coating of paste. What happens after that i don't know. When i changing cases i will do that again. Maybe see if i got too much clearance between cooler and processor surface. Will check that one out then. Case needs to be changed as it just don't seem to have enough air movement. Case should be running cooler than it is. That and i don't like the 80mm fans in this case. 120mm or 140 mm fans are better i think.
Not just thinking about this board but future too. I want a case that will supply the room and cooling that will be need then too. I am planning to get a new board somewhere in the future, maybe this summer or fall but want a case that can handle the newer boards and processors. That last Thermaflake you showed could do the trick. The 3 1/2 " drive bay is for my media card reader. Can get an adapter for the 5 1/4" drive bay. Hope this will cool it all down. That and better cable management should also help. Dan

Humm I think that one could work for me.

Biggest issue is cooling. Cooler is new and so is processor, 2 months old. I added plenty of paste. I always cover the case with thin coating of paste. What happens after that i don't know. When i changing cases i will do that again. Maybe see if i got too much clearance between cooler and processor surface. Will check that one out then. Case needs to be changed as it just don't seem to have enough air movement. Case should be running cooler than it is. That and i don't like the 80mm fans in this case. 120mm or 140 mm fans are better i think.
Not just thinking about this board but future too. I want a case that will supply the room and cooling that will be need then too. I am planning to get a new board somewhere in the future, maybe this summer or fall but want a case that can handle the newer boards and processors. That last Thermaflake you showed could do the trick. The 3 1/2 " drive bay is for my media card reader. Can get an adapter for the 5 1/4" drive bay. Hope this will cool it all down. That and better cable management should also help. Dan

The real problem here is something else I believe. There is no case in the world that could cause such high temps on the CPU and normal temps on the GPU. I'm thinking maybe a bad cooler? Could you provide specs and pictures of your rig?

Hey if you are too concerned with cable management, cooling and external bays I think you should be looking a full towers. I'm not sure why you want to get a mATX board but I would not recommend it unless it's an office build. They usually have too few RAM slots and expansion slots.

I ran into two issues, Wife and the size of the area in the desk where the tower would be placed. I have about 18" for height. And Wifey wants the red one....The BOSS has spoken!! :hide: I ordered it this morning, or shuld i say my wife did....

Back
Top Bottom