New car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I do test drive a Subaru, do I need to carry a quart of oil with me too?....lol
It's recommended that the Nissan Maxima use premium fuel, but it does have 300 HP
My Chrysler 200 had 283 HP (The new ones have 290) The Avalon also has 290 HP this Honda I was looking only has 285 HP but that is o.k. by me. I can't see a 180 HP getting you up a mountain road with that CVT at the power required to pass another car. I could and did do that with my 200, on a 4 lane highway. Can't recall the name of the mountain but it was near Los Cruses N.M
Well... maybe it could if it screamed all the way up?
You're forgetting one thing, power to weight and AWD. Every car you've listed is either FWD or RWD. AWD gives you more grip. I've driven a Subaru Legacy. I think the 0-60 was faster than even my car.

Also visited the links you provided. Yea, if you think you won't have any issues with any car out there you'd be surprised. Most of the people who complain online about cars take absolute **** care for their cars when it comes to it.

The 4cyl Ecoboost Mustang has more power than my GT with a V8.

factories slapping turbos on everything these days some 4 bangers can come out of the factory with over 300HP.

The Ecoboost Mustang actually has a turbo and is 310HP!

And Joe C, my stepfather was given a new 2003 mustang from his company(in 2003), we live in Massachusetts, and that car lasted mighty long(2 years ago - crash). There was no rust on the exterior, a bit under the wheels if I remember, so I don't think salt will be much of an issue seeing as our car was fine after year round use in New England blizzards. Handling is another story though...:lol:

And Joe C, my stepfather was given a new 2003 mustang from his company(in 2003), we live in Massachusetts, and that car lasted mighty long(2 years ago - crash). There was no rust on the exterior, a bit under the wheels if I remember, so I don't think salt will be much of an issue seeing as our car was fine after year round use in New England blizzards. Handling is another story though...:lol:
Yea I'm pretty aware of the figures.

Anything can get salt damage if you live in an area that salts every winter. There's no car that will really help with that. There are things you can do to prevent the damage though.

O.k. It was a Nissan Maxima that has the 300 HP, got confused about which cars have what. Y'all can talk till your blue in the face, I stated that I'm not ready for an oil burning Subaru. I've checked out a multitude of reviews, the cars with the best reviews That I see are the Accord and the Avalon. The Accord had or still has issues with bad A/C condensers (holes develop, dealers blame it on rocks/pebbles but I think they are just too thin) About the major complaint with the Avalon is that it has a stiff ride and can be squeaky going over bumps, I think it was some Camry's that had issues with the radios... can't recall exactly. The Nissans had major problems with their Jayco CV Transmissions and I think Jayco also makes the Subaru CVT's too. The 14 and 15 models are supposed to have a better CVT but I'm going to wait that one out. Major issues with the Subaru's engines... why would I get a car with those problems? (affects mostly the turbo engines)
The Avalons are very $pricey$ too but have a good reliability record. The Honda's are better priced and offer better options per price, and have a good record too
The Subaru's do have nice styling and they do make a V6 that can be found.
I Just Don't Want A Subaru!
Got it? Good
You don't want a 4 banger then fine, don't complain when it's too hard to meet all the demands for the purchase.
If you do not like my opinion, Then Do Not Post in this thread, I'm old and old school. I would really like to get a V8 but that's not practical, so I'm getting a V6. My biggest demand for a purchase is availability. I see many V6's in Indiana and in Chicago, just not a lot here in Mich.
btw: sorry to hear your wimpy stang can't beat out a four banger

Yup... I know all about blizzards. My '74 Mustang in '77 Trying to drive in a blizzard too
my%2074%20stang.jpg

Head on with a '69 Ford LTD in a white out, Don't drive nice cars in the winter. My wife's nephew has a '12 Charger, with a hemi and a 5 speed stick. He drives an old beat up Bronco in the winter and parks the Charger in a barn

Last edited:
O.k. It was a Nissan Maxima that has the 300 HP, got confused about which cars have what. Y'all can talk till your blue in the face, I stated that I'm not ready for an oil burning Subaru. I've checked out a multitude of reviews, the cars with the best reviews That I see are the Accord and the Avalon. The Accord had or still has issues with bad A/C condensers (holes develop, dealers blame it on rocks/pebbles but I think they are just too thin) About the major complaint with the Avalon is that it has a stiff ride and can be squeaky going over bumps, I think it was some Camry's that had issues with the radios... can't recall exactly. The Nissans had major problems with their Jayco CV Transmissions and I think Jayco also makes the Subaru CVT's too. The 14 and 15 models are supposed to have a better CVT but I'm going to wait that one out. Major issues with the Subaru's engines... why would I get a car with those problems? (affects mostly the turbo engines)
The Avalons are very $pricey$ too but have a good reliability record. The Honda's are better priced and offer better options per price, and have a good record too
The Subaru's do have nice styling and they do make a V6 that can be found.
I Just Don't Want A Subaru!
Got it? Good

If you do not like my opinion, Then Do Not Post in this thread, I'm old and old school. I would really like to get a V8 but that's not practical, so I'm getting a V6. My biggest demand for a purchase is availability. I see many V6's in Indiana and in Chicago, just not a lot here in Mich.
btw: sorry to hear your wimpy stang can't beat out a four banger
Lol, Mike 2.0 strikes again always missing the point....sort of.

Yea, get your old *** in the new times gramps. Tech isn't the same as the 80s and 90s where absolutely everything was ****. That's the whole point of why there are just more than one person telling you that 4 bangers aren't as bad as you seem to believe. Why getting a V6 isn't practical anymore because 4 bangers do everything and more while being more efficient and cheaper to run. Why I made comparisons to my V8 from the 90s. Most all new 4 bangers come with a HP standard higher than 250 these days which is why my car came with from the factory. Course, you're so set in your ways you can't see this. Much like Mike with his AMD ****. So it's not a case of my Mustang being wimpy, it's a case of everything today is better engineered and that fact shows. Then again not everything is about HP #s either.

You realize that it's perfectly normal for ANY car to burn off a little bit of oil through the turbo right? Should I even waste my time trying to explain to you why this happens? I know more than a dozen people that drive Subies and have 0 issues with their vehicles and they all take care of them (regular oil changes for starters). The biggest advantage they have is their AWD system, but since you keep posting pictures of banged up cars from trying to drive in winter weather I suppose nothing at this point will help you. It's also obvious you're too set in your ways to actually listen to anybody who knows a thing or two about vehicles. Inb4 "I'm older than you so I know more"....bull****.

And the 6 cyl engines also improved with the 4 bangers. Back in the day, getting near 300 HP from a V6 wasn't possible, as you stated, even some of the V8's from yester year couldn't produce over 300 HP (think 50-60's Belaire)
I find your reference about Mike and myself offensive, Please do not Flame
I stated at the beginning of this thread that I wanted a V6, if everybody still insist I get a Subaru with a 4 cyl then I would like a Mod to close this thread because it's become a flame war and rather useless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom