New build.....

DogSong

Daemon Poster
Alright guys, how does this sound? ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP LGA 1155 Socket, Intel Core i3-3220 IVY Bridge, Silicon Power 8GB Memory, Western Digital 500 GB SATA HD, nVidia EVGA 550 Ti, and Corsair CX500M 500 watt? It's a gaming build.... Thanks!

Board > ok
i3 > i5 3570K
8gig of ram > ok But go with known brand name for better reliability
HD > ok
NVidia EVGA > ok But not a gaming card.
PSU > WIMPY Go AX850

I did think the PS was off, but what about the EVGA 650 Ti? And I personally like the Core i3, and it runs fast for me as it is! And my laptop Core i3 isn't that high end!

What about the ATI 7770? I just watched a YouTube video where a guy was running the Core i3 3220, and ATI 7770 maxed out. No lag!

I'm only looking to play stuff like Left 4 Dead 2, Resident Evil 6, and Farming Simulator 2013.... I'm not a BIG gamer, but I do stuff with Blender a lot! I hope you guys know what Blender is....

Ok I have the i5 3570K cpu chip. It runs like a scalded dog and the price isn't too bad. Actually the bang for the buck ratio is very good. And the K means it's unlocked and you can over clock it.

Those games you're wanting to play are graphic intensive. You need computing horse power and a decent graphics.
I use the NVidia EVGA GTX 650 ti. It's a good card. According to the specs it's good for most games. Most, not all.

I know what Blender is ( blender.org - Home ) and if you use that software you're going to not only going to need some raw computing power but a good amount of ram. Like 8 or even 16 gigs. 1600 ram should do ya.

There are compromise points you can work with. This is why you should keep doing your homework as far as reading up and shopping around. And of course keep asking questions. Stay in this thread though.

Okay, so it looks like my Girlfriend's dad is giving me a Gateway GT5040, and it has an LGA 775 socket, which I'm going to put a Core 2 Quad 6600 and in the PCI 2.0x16 I'm going to insert a GTS 450....

Ok I have the i5 3570K cpu chip. It runs like a scalded dog and the price isn't too bad. Actually the bang for the buck ratio is very good. And the K means it's unlocked and you can over clock it.

Those games you're wanting to play are graphic intensive. You need computing horse power and a decent graphics.
I use the NVidia EVGA GTX 650 ti. It's a good card. According to the specs it's good for most games. Most, not all.

I know what Blender is ( blender.org - Home ) and if you use that software you're going to not only going to need some raw computing power but a good amount of ram. Like 8 or even 16 gigs. 1600 ram should do ya.

There are compromise points you can work with. This is why you should keep doing your homework as far as reading up and shopping around. And of course keep asking questions. Stay in this thread though.

Not true about the ram: My computer apps class run 4Gb on every PC and it runs fine!

Back
Top Bottom