new build??

gameon878

Solid State Member
just finished putting my computer together and I went to turn on and the screen showes nothing. All the fans kick on and so does the hard drive, cd-rom and even the little green motherboard light. I went over everything and I can't figure out what going on. This is not my first computer build and everythings brand new. My roommates gave me some ideas about the graphics card being gone. what you guys think

specs
asus p5n32-sli deluxe
intel dual core 3.1ghz
1tb western
Geforece 9800 GT

just finished putting my computer together and I went to turn on and the screen showes nothing. All the fans kick on and so does the hard drive, cd-rom and even the little green motherboard light. I went over everything and I can't figure out what going on. This is not my first computer build and everythings brand new. My roommates gave me some ideas about the graphics card being gone. what you guys think

specs
asus p5n32-sli deluxe
intel dual core 3.1ghz
1tb western
Geforece 9800 GT

sorry, but I gotta ask just to eliminate the possibility, is the card's 6 pin power connector plugged in...? is it firmly seated in the PCI-E slot...? is it in the first or second slot...?

There is no power connector for the card and I made sure it was in the first slot. We noticed that the psu that came with the box is not the 700 watts that I wanted but its only 450 watts (just my luck). Will that stop it from booting up graphic card.

thanks alot

There is no power connector for the card and I made sure it was in the first slot. We noticed that the psu that came with the box is not the 700 watts that I wanted but its only 450 watts (just my luck). Will that stop it from booting up graphic card.

thanks alot

Actually there is a power connector.
Lookie here at Specs and at the bottom...
Just do a quick check.
Is your graphics card fan starting up? If it's not check the connector, there is a 6pin connector that goes to it.

I'm pretty sure that there is no connector but the fan does come on. Do you think its the power supply becuase I was going over the specs of the motherboard and it said 500 watts min.

and also there are no beeps none so ever when I do turn on the motherboard if that helps any?

great

who makes the card...? I know Galaxy has a low power 9800GT that doesn't have a 6 pin power connector....

Some motherboards don't beep on POST if everything is OK. Have you re-seated the RAM?

yeah you migh be right. I would like to know if the power supply could have something to with it. Since its not the recommended 500 watts that the mobo states it needs? Also I took the ram out and wanted to sell if it would beep and still nothing happened

yeah you migh be right. I would like to know if the power supply could have something to with it. Since its not the recommended 500 watts that the mobo states it needs? Also I took the ram out and wanted to sell if it would beep and still nothing happened

no motherboard needs a 500w psu, I've never heard of a motherboard having minimum power requirements, most systems would run on a 250w-300w psu with plenty of headroom if the psu is a halfway decent unit and there was no beefy video card to worry about, basically power supply requirements are based on which video card you have in your system and any decent 400w psu should handle that system without any problems since total system power draw with a 9800GT is ~ 250w at full load according to reviews, even a 4870 only draws about 300w at full load, and those wattages are for the total system power draw...

Back
Top Bottom