New Build

I'm happy I have a good friend and nice parents willing to spend so much. My uncles and aunt's aren't exactly the same. They say it's a "waste of money", when I'm going to be needing the computer in college to complete my projects.

spoken like a true brown boy ;)

Sounds like your new build is going to be a killer. :D

And I think it's a good idea he's going with a Velociraptor instead of an SSD. A forum just recently showed that an SSD has much faster bootup/read times than a conventional HD however write times were below par. And the velociraptor is a mother of a fast drive already so it's going to be faster overall.

I don't know anymore. I'm beginning to debate getting it. I know it's going to be an improvement. I don't know if it's going to be enough to justify the price. I don't want my parents to spend so much money for my present. They need that money more than I need this computer. If my uncle's and aunt's decide to each get a part, I won't argue. But, if my parents have to spend for all of it, I'm not getting it.

Your a good person Rohan, not being selfish and wanting your parents to have money they actually need. Good man. :) I mean, your computer is good as it is. Why not just ask for some more RAM and a new motherboard (since you've said in earlier threads you're not particularity happy with your current one)?

Back
Top Bottom