New build, won't get any video

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
Hey I have a new build. Intel 8400 core 2 duo, corsair hx520w modular psu, 4gb of dual channel corsair xms2 ddr2 800 ram, 9800 GTX evga gfx card, my old 250 western digital hdd, and a microatx gigabyte GA-G31m-ES2L motherboard.

Everything is being starting fan wise, HDD wise, cd drive, etc. Moinitor doesnt show "no signal" but it has never changed from black. I have tried both on board video and the graphics card, nothing has came up. I have reset the BIOS, reset the RAM, tried booting with one RAM, etc. Still nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

This is going to sound stupid. But, have you plugged the power cable into the graphics card?

Wow man i would hate if that happened to me. you said it starts up so it cant be your psu, cpu, ram. it should be the motherboard thats the problem.

Do you think you shocked it at all? And like freestyles question do you hear any error codes?

If nothing works like suggested I recommend double checking your PSU, I had a build not to long ago that wouldn't boot, but fans etc would turn on, turned out to be a bad power supply, that my cheap tester said was good.

But based on what I read, I would assume it's either the Motherboard or PSU, if you're not getting any Beep Codes, then your board isn't booting, or it's not getting any juice.

Yeah, really sounds like mobo or psu. either way it sounds like a crappy situation.

Back
Top Bottom