New build won't boot

zlashed

Baseband Member
I just today finished building my new rig (specs below). I successfully booted it up and installed vista (I think). But as soon as i attempt to boot from the HDD, I get the infamous blue screen. It reads something like "Windows has encountered a problem and cannot boot" also at the bottom it reads "crash dump initializing". I'm sure that most of your have heard about this problem, and I have already tried putting the cpu and ram speeds and timing at correct levels. I simply don't know where else to turn.

SPECS \/ \/ \/

APEVIA X-JUPITER S-Type X-JUPITERS-BK Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case

XFX PVT80FSHF9 GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

ABS Tagan BZ Series BZ800 ATX12V / EPS12V 800W Patent Piperock Modular Power Supply

Rosewill RCX-TC050 Thermal Grease

G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ

EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor Model BX80562Q6600

Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium for System Builders Single Pack DVD

COOLER MASTER GeminII RR-CCH-ANU2-GP CPU+ Board Cooler

ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler

Ok, try taking one stick of RAM out and boot with that. If it boots up, install all windows updates. Once all the updates are installed (you may need to restart a few times) shut down and put in the other stick and see how it works.

Have you tried just reinstalling Vista? Since you aren't sure about whether it's installed correctly or not.

Thanks a lot celegorm, I just booted vista on the computer. I'm sure once i install the updates the other ram will work fine. I appreciate it.

You never fail me celegorm, I installed the update and have all 4GB running smoothly, and I couldn't be happier. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom