New Build reccomendations

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
Im looking at getting myself a new system and am looking at the i7 2500k however I think this may be much more than I need for what I do.

What would you recommend is the best processor for mid range and the best motherboard to go with it ?

Whats the best chipset to get ?

There isn't an i7-2500k; do you mean an i5-2500k or an i7-2600k. Out of those two the 2500k is a good processor for a mid range build. However there is also the newer i5-3570k which may be even better for your needs.
Either way it sounds like you're going to be overclocking, so what aftermarket cooler are you getting?
As for the motherboard, how much are you willing to spend and which processor are you getting?

I just completed a build using the Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H mobo and the i5-3570k processor. Very happy with the combination.

That gigabyte motherboard will do fine, just be careful if you get the 3570k processor, as it can get quite hot. Don't worry though, it'll be fine until you overcklock it, in which case you'll just need to get a better CPU cooler

Edit - I recently went for a 3570k with an Asus P8Z77-v pro motherboard. Works exceptionally well but was a bit pricy.

Back
Top Bottom