Steemax

Daemon Poster
So I am about to make a new build..

AMD X2 AM2 4200+
MSI mobo (forgot the model number )
2gb's Kingston PC2 5300 DDR2 ram
Sapphire X1950 Pro 512mb version
Sunbeam 600 watt psu.
SATA 7200 RPM 40gb HDD for OS and 120GB IDE 7200 RPM HDD for storage.
Sony DVD burner (just throwing that out there)

just wanted to share my build / wanna get thoughts.. now for my question.. I had a 100 dollars gift card lying around for bestbuy so I used it on the RAM that is listed above. the proccesor, mobo, vid card, and PSU I still need to order from Newegg. My question is until I get the other parts is it safe to pop the RAM into my current build just for right now.. my current build is a Socket A Athlon XP 2100 1gb PC2100 DDR.. will a DDR2 work in a old slot like that? or is it just not worth the effort.

Nope,DDR2 Wont work in a standard DDR Slot.Also instead of the Saphire X1950,Consider getting the nVidia 8600 or even the 8800,they perfrom way better.

Nope,DDR2 Wont work in a standard DDR Slot.Also instead of the Saphire X1950,Consider getting the nVidia 8600 or even the 8800,they perfrom way better.

kk thank you for the input.. ill save them for when I got the rest of the pieces.. and about the video card.. ive always had an nvidia card and im looking for a change.. im tired of their faulty drivers.. stead of spending their money on making things better they are advertising.. anyway my cousin has the x1950 and it plays crysis on High and 1600x1200 at 25-30fps..

Nice,Ok,Thats understandble,i was the other way round,i always had an ATI card and now i love nVidia but everyman to his own.Hope your build goes well
happy0012.gif

Back
Top Bottom