NEW BUILD ISSUES PLEASE HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reiken

Beta member
Long story short one of my friends was going to buy a prebuilt computer offline from some guy, I convinced him to buy the parts himself and I would put it together. Since I put together my current gaming pc..

We had some small bumps in the road but the computer was up and running. This is where the issue starts.

He just today got internet at his apartment and after about an hour or so of browsing the web doing the usual, Windows in the lower right hand corner prompted him that some updates were downloaded.. and he needed to reboot. After rebooting he gets the following error.

"(Black Screen) Windows has encountered an error upon startup Recent hardware or software changes could be the cause"

There are 2 options both of which do NOTHING
#1 Start windows repair tool (Goes to a new black screen windows loading files) then back to error screen
#2 Start windows normally which just brings us right back to the error screen

I've Tried rebooting from the CD/DVD drive and repairing from there and no luck. I Even tried installing windows again but the min I click "Custom (advanced)" which is for a fresh install an error pops up saying

An error has prevented the windows installation please make sure all windows sources are accessible (WTF)

I have never encountered an error during a fresh install....

Im clueless I feel like crap cause he spent like 1000$ on parts and I feel like I let him down on the fact I kept saying "oh yeah dont buy offline ill put it together for you"

Is it something in the hardware? Does anyone have ANY idea?

I even tried taking out 4 gigs of ram because some tech guy told me to try that and then repair still nothing....

I was (am) having a same kind of problem with my new build, that after restart/starting the comp when it has been closed, I get an error (propably the same) during windows startup. The only way I get it to start up is removing the battery from my mobo and resetting cmos. Now I just use it at sleep mode, although the last time I had to restart it did so properly. Anyway, try removing the battery from your mobo for a while and put it back.

But yeah, it all started with the first windows updates, so now I have it on "ask if I want to download/install updates" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom