new build comments + power supply??

liquidmonkey

In Runtime
can someone please tell me what power supply i need for the following build?

asus p6t deluxe v2
intel i7 920
gainward gtx 260 core216 65nm (i think)(they didn't say)
OCZ Platinum XTC DDR3 1333MHz 3x1GB (will get more memory when win7 64 bit comes out and i'll have more money then too)
thermaltake M9 case
4 internal HDD's (1 PATA and 3 SATA)
3 external HDD's
2 - 24" monitors

corsair 650W or 750W??

i don't plan on using SLI but will most likely update to a better graphics card next year which would probably be one of the new 300 series from nvidia.

and feel free to leave any comments concerning this build???

also just want to say thanks to those that helped making my mind up about this stuff today, much appreciated :)

I would suggest getting the 750W power supply just to be safe. The current crop of GTX 295 cards are needing at least 680W and 46A @ 12V.

If you do the the GTX 260, the core 216 is the one to get. :D

i would prob go with a 800w-1000w and it will also future proof you for any other upgrades and or part u need.

eventually all computer parts are going to become less power hungry. yet tehy did say things would get smaller. Video cards 6 years ago 5 inches now 12 inches lol

Anyone saying 1000W is way off. It would be a waste of money as even with a lot of upgrading, and some serious overclocking, the system would never draw any where near that much. Go with the 650W Corsair if you're not planning to go SLi, go with the 750W if you're going to go SLi and overclock.

Back
Top Bottom