New Box

Cx

Daemon Poster
I have some issues with my new box hopefully someone can help me sort them out. Here are the specs.

Asus m2n sli-deluxe
AMD 5200+ x2
2gigs gskill timings @ 4-4-3-5
Nvidia XTX 8600GT 256ram
250gig sata drive @7200rpms
DVD writer
Random sound card
Netgear wireless card
500w psu

XP home sp2

My onboard sound doesn't work (seems to be an issue with the board).

Onboard lan doesn't work, it says its a 1394 net adapter and I did some research 1394 is firewire @ 400mb/s. Whenever I plug it into the network via cat5 wire it says it's connected at 400mb/s but my router doesn't recognize it and when I do an ipconfig it doesn't return anything. I wanna go to a lan party soon, but would be pointless if lan doesn't work...

When I play CSS, sometimes my latency spikes up and I can't do anything (after joining game). I can browse games through steam fine (under 100ms latency) but when I open and try to browse through CSS I rarely get any results, I select all for my filters in latency, and I only return a few with very HIGH latencies. I don't think it's my box or my connection, I think it's something to do with the game, I tried messing with rates not much luck. Sometimes I can play but after a while my latency spikes and makes the game unplayable. Can't even join a team.

Thanks a lot!

umm dont mean to point out the obvious but have u installed the motherboard drivers ? if so try downloading the latest 1's from the webiste

Yeah I've tried different drivers. I updated, rolled back, installed the same drivers. I think it's just a faulty board getting an RMA through newegg. Thanks.

Are you sure since its a new system, you don't have to input the code of the router into your browser, and re-configure it? Just an idea.

I also find that onboard sound can be a bit dodgy when it comes to drivers.

Back
Top Bottom