New Batman Movie --- Mid 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Ready, Summer 2012? Here Comes Batman 3! - E! Online

Ready, Summer 2012? Here Comes Batman 3!
Same bat channel, new bat time.

Warner Bros. isn't about to let little detals like no title, no production start date and no locked-down plot stop it from setting up a tentpole, as the studio today announced a July 20, 2012, release date for the third installment of the rebooted Batman franchise.

Christian Bale will be back in the cowl under the direction of Christopher Nolan.

With the release date now set, Nolan is currently hashing out a story for the Dark Knight followup, which already faces some steep competition. Also headed to the big screen in 2012: The Avengers (May 4), Battleship (May 25), Star Trek 2 (June 29), and what will likely be the Bat's biggest competition: the Spider-Man reboot's reboot (July 3).

Comic geeks, get ready.

Cool. Looking forward to this. ANd I am Glad that Christian Bale will be continuing his role has Batman / Bruce Wayne. I thought he was not able to commit to a possible 5th and 6th terminator film.
As for compairing the Batman 3 with Spider-Man 4, I will have to say that i would be looking forward more to Batman 3 (and this is coming from a some one that reads more Marvel than DC). Honestly I really do like the down to earth gritty feel that that have given Batman in the last 2 films.
If any thing, I think Star Trek 2 will be the Bat's biggest competition.

As for the other actors / characters for this film
Gary Oldman ... Commissioner Gordon
Morgan Freeman ... Lucius Fox
Michael Caine ... Alfred

As for who the villain is going to be? Currently I am hoping that they do Bane, and this time do him properly. Unlike what they did to screw him up in Batman & Robin.
How how about you TF, which Batvillain do you want to see in the next batman movie?

i can't really think of any villians that haven't been introduced yet.

this leads me to be suprised that hollywood has not made more comic mashups. I'm mean co'mon get original people.

was there a batman vs superman?

was there a batman vs superman?
There is talk of a Batman / Superman movie. But that seems to be on the back burner.

this leads me to be suprised that hollywood has not made more comic mashups. I'm mean co'mon get original people.
Hollywood is just cashing in on Gen X and Gen Y.

i can't really think of any villians that haven't been introduced yet.
Here a list of all the well known villains....

Anarky
Bane -- Done wrongly in Batman & Robin
Black Mask
Blockbuster
Calenderman
Catman
Catwoman -- All ready done with Batman Returns.
Clayface
Cluemaster
Deadshot
Firefly
Harley Quinn -- Really needs the Joker for this characters.
Hugo Strange
Hush
KGBeast
Killer Cros
Killer Moth
The Mad Hatter
Man-Bat
Maxie Zeus
Mr. Freeze -- All ready done with Batman & Robin.
Mr. Zsasz
The Penguin -- All ready done with Batman Returns.
Pioson Ivy-- All ready done with Batman & Robin.
Red Hood
The Riddler-- All ready done with Batman Forever.
Solomon Grundy
Tweedledum and Tweedledee
The Ventriloquist

For more of the laser known villains, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Batman_Family_enemies

Given the way that the way that Christopher Nolan has been doing the films where it's more realistic and less comical, do feel that most of these villains are just too cooky or they are just going to be The Joker all over again.

I do feel out of this list
Bane The man who broke the bat.
Black Mask former business executive who originally hated Bruce Wayne rather than Batman, wears a Black Mask and leads the cult-like False Face Society of henchmen.
Hush childhood friend of Bruce Wayne's. He targets both Batman and Bruce Wayne.
will be suitable. Keep in mind that there are still some plain clothed mobsters that they could include in the next movie too. Like Sal Maroni and Carmine Falcone who where all ready featured in the last 2 films

The problem with The Dark Knight is that it sort of made me realise that just about all the Bat-Villains are complete nut jobs.

I wouldn't have a problem with them crafting a new adversary for the Dark Knight patterned after one of the comic villains... but not as goofy. I mean, it would be cool if he were pitted against another vigilante with a lot in common with Batman but who acts for a different reason (personal greed instead of the good of the people, psychopathy, insanity, whatever). Basically a darker image of himself that, while cleaning up the streets is also causing a lot of collateral damage, such as blowing up a building to get one person, gunning down everyone in a park to kill a group of gang members, etc.

Why not continue with Two Face? That would be really cool, and would kinda follow after the Dark Knight because of Harvey's roll and the end scenes with him. I like the way they did Dark Knight...not as goofy/cheesy as some of the others in the past.

. I mean, it would be cool if he were pitted against another vigilante with a lot in common with Batman but who acts for a different reason (personal greed instead of the good of the people, psychopathy, insanity, whatever). Basically a darker image of himself that, while cleaning up the streets is also causing a lot of collateral damage, such as blowing up a building to get one person, gunning down everyone in a park to kill a group of gang members, etc.

That villain would be Anarky. However he is very much like V.

I think two face or black mask would be good choices. Black mask could be taken to a more grimey, dark place. I guess we will just have to wait and see!

Harper, you may also like the new Ghostbusters movie coming out in the latter portion of 2012.... right after the Earth explodes, of course

Harper, you may also like the new Ghostbusters movie coming out in the latter portion of 2012.... right after the Earth explodes, of course

yeah....... however so far from what I have been hearing about it, I do feel like it's hollywood cashing in on Gen X by raping my childhood again. LIke I hear that it's going to be some thing about the Son Of Peter Venkman (and all the other orginal Ghost Busters). It's giving me the same bad vibes as Indiana Jones and the Temple Of Xenu (opps I mean) ....the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

As for the earth exploding, I am still hoping for that too. End Of The World Party is still happening at my place on Dec 20 2012. Every one is invited.

I too look forward to the next Ghostbusters. Supposedly, it is to include a lot of the original cast... I can't even count how many times I have watched both GB1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom