New and needing help :D

Narudae

Solid State Member
Hello! ^^

I registered because I need help. Oh, and because most of you are the experts here! I have been going out of my mind choosing a decent computer.

I ideally would like to play World of Warcraft for once on high/ultra settings after playing on laptop since it started, and playing on low/fair! Now, I have found a website - ramcomputersystem.co.uk, the prices there are reasonable and easier to understand. Now this is what I have chosen:

• Options: Installed Operating System: Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium +DVD
  • Case: CM Elite 334U (Up to HD7850 or GTX770)
  • AMD Processor: AMD Bulldozer FX6300 Hexa Core 6x3.3Ghz
  • AMD Motherboard: Gigabyte 760G DDR3 1333Mhz (16GbMax) USB2
  • System Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz (1x8Gb)
  • Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD7850 2Gb HDMI
  • Optical Drive 1 (DVD/BluRay): 22x SATA DVD Re-Writer Drive
  • Optical Drive 2 (DVD/BluRay): None
  • Master Hard Disk Drive: 500Gb SATAIII 7200RPM
  • Second Hard Disk Drive: None
  • Phone/Camera Memory Card Reader: None
  • Networking/Internet: Wired Internal Gigabit Network Port (No WiFi)
  • Additional Cooling Fans: None
  • Power Supply: Gamer+ PSU (Up to GTX760 or HD7850)
I think and this is just me, this is a decent CPU. I am on a tight budget here and this specification is within that!

Any help appreciated! Thank you :D

Are you putting this together or are they? would be good if you could give us links and prices etc....

The PC builder was used to put it together.

Prices starting from £273.39 for the AMD FX PC.

Options:

• Installed Operating System: Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium +DVD £70.00
  • Case: CM Elite 334U (Up to HD7850 or GTX770) £14.79
  • AMD Processor: AMD Bulldozer FX6300 Hexa Core 6x3.3Ghz £57.52
  • AMD Motherboard: Gigabyte 760G DDR3 1333Mhz (16GbMax) USB2
  • System Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz (1x8Gb) £21.11
  • Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD7850 2Gb HDMI £132.97
  • Optical Drive 1 (DVD/BluRay): 22x SATA DVD Re-Writer Drive
  • Optical Drive 2 (DVD/BluRay): None
  • Master Hard Disk Drive: 500Gb SATAIII 7200RPM
  • Second Hard Disk Drive: None
  • Phone/Camera Memory Card Reader: None
  • Networking/Internet: Wired Internal Gigabit Network Port (No WiFi)
  • Additional Cooling Fans: None
  • Power Supply: Gamer+ PSU (Up to GTX760 or HD7850) £10.00
  • Antivirus (Windows Only): None
  • Free Item: Optical Mouse
  • PC Pre Build Type: Standard Build & Optimization

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I'd go for an Intel based machine - it might end up costing a tad more but the processors are far and away better than what AMD has got out at the moment, even with the reduced number of cores.

The thing that really arouses suspicion though is this:
Power Supply: Gamer+ PSU (Up to GTX760 or HD7850) £10.00
Whatever you do, don't get this - get a well known brand (such as Corsair) with an 80+ rating, and expect to spend 4-5 times what you have here. If a cheap PSU like this blows up (which it may well do!) it's quite likely to take near every component down with it.

Tight budget here. Do not really want to go for Intel as it's far too expensive for my price range.

Thanks for the replies.

Tight budget here. Do not really want to go for Intel as it's far too expensive for my price range.

Thanks for the replies.

Sure thing, I can see that - AMD stuff isn't necessarily an awful choice, it's just that personally I'd go for a lower power i series processor for around the same money as your current selection. That'll give you similar performance to the AMD choice, and the ability to upgrade later if and when you choose to something much better (with the same socket.)

Definitely stick by about what I said about the power supply though - if a cheap one wrecks your system, you've lost everything! It's very hard to argue that around £30 extra for this insurance (and savings on electricity bills due to being much more efficient) isn't worth it, whatever budget you're on.

yeah good choice on listening to berry on the psu issue. As you said, your a a tight budget and it shows as if you want to upgarde in the future your gonna have to start all over again.

First off that motherboard is a 760g chipset and will not utilize the power of that cpu (6 core) so your going to have to change that to at least a 970 mobo.

(Santa Clause u really do post some drivvle....lol)

Santa I am already playing world of warcraft.

And I noticed a few things that were wrong. So I changed to a different website and with some help, chosen out my new computer. It is so much better and cheaper. I am using phone and I will post the specs tomorrow.

Really really appreciate your help and I learnt a few things today!

Back
Top Bottom