New AMD Barcelona Quad-Cores 50% faster than Intel's Xeon Quad-Core

Ya, but isn't intel coming out with the 45nm processors, which will probably put AMD in the bag again

intel core 2 duo e6600 over clocked to 3.2ghz will be plenty for me for at lest 2 years then after that ill upgrade to intel core 2 quad and overclock that to 3 ghz
then in 5 years when my pcs really out dated i build again with a 20 core cpu

intel core 2 duo e6600 over clocked to 3.2ghz will be plenty for me for at lest 2 years then after that ill upgrade to intel core 2 quad and overclock that to 3 ghz
then in 5 years when my pcs really out dated i build again with a 20 core cpu

thank you for that completely irrelevant-to-the-thread post

I hear AMD's starting research on Quantum computers; unconfirmed rumors as of now but if it's true that will be the ultimate comeback :-D

but when those prices drop, everybody will flock to amd for the first quad cores. Then the hard-core-super-system-top-of-the-liners will buy crap loads of the intels, and intel will dominate again.

Barcelona better be worth it. For both AMD and us the consumers. If it doesn't work out for them, they are so screwed. AMD has lost A LOT of money to Intel because of Core 2 Duo. That's why AMD has literally dropped prices all across the board for almost every processor they have. The only major reason why AMD is still around is because OEM's like Dell and HP use their processors.

I think they lost like 611 million dollars this quarter due to their inability to compete with the efficiency of Core 2 Duo, AMD claims that Barcelona benchmarks 50% better than Core 2 Quads, so Agena can handle Kentsfield, we'll have to see how they fare against the up and coming 45nm Penryn though, if it's another flop, we could see Intel taking the CPU market again, and I really don't want to see that happening. Then again Penryn is just a die shrink, perhaps AMD could follow suit...

Well, hopefully after this event in Tunis we'll get some promising results.

ya, amd better get this quad core out fast, and get there asses working on a new processor fast, otherwise intel is just going to keep leading the way... ive got 2 intel's and 2 amd pc's all work great, i really could care less which is powering my computer, but amd was cheapest at the time :)

Back
Top Bottom