new 1 gig stick of ram :P

Spartan109

Fully Optimized
so yea i bought a stick which will bring my pathetic computer to a 1.2gig ram total :). anyone know what kind of performance boost i can expect?specs:

1.8ghz cpu socket 478
1.2ghz ram ddr 1 300mhz
256mb radeon 9550
2x 250 gig 7200rpm western digital

i no its weak but its all i got and i dont really want a new computer now, i've becaume obsessed with the garage(cars, small engines and metal working)

EDIT: i havent installed yet, would ssay why but im typeing on a crap keyboard that annoys me, will later when i re-hook up my G11, its a pretty interesting story

crap, tried it and i think its been magnetized, i tried it nd it hung, moniter didnt come on(along side a 256mb stick) tried swiching them, nope tried taking the 256 out and than tried it in both slots still didnt work :( are my fears correct?

I wouldn't say your computer is going to run faster, but it will run better. It will be more able to handle the load that the operating system and programs put on it.

crap, tried it and i think its been magnetized, i tried it nd it hung, moniter didnt come on(along side a 256mb stick) tried swiching them, nope tried taking the 256 out and than tried it in both slots still didnt work :( are my fears correct?

What is your motherboard? Maybe the ram you got is the wrong pin or you have too much ram for your mobo.

1.2ghz ram?
you mean gb?
if you only had 256mb? before then this will speed it up alot

check to make sure your motherboard is compatible with that new stick. I'm sure its not magnitized...you just might have bought the wrong type of ram. Like i said, check your motherboard compatibility.

GoodLuck Mate!

well i dont think my mobo can handle it was pc2700 and the max on my mobo is pc2100 wich is 80 dollars for a 1 gig stick and im not paying

well atleast now you know that stick isn't broken...and now you don't have to be so frustrated trying it in all the slots...nor do you have to call the place. Now you know what you need to buy so i think we can say the problem is solved :p.

Look around online, i'm sure you can find a good deal on a 1gig stick.

Back
Top Bottom