Neverending battle DVI Issue

Iontheable

In Runtime
Thought I'd throw this out there again, see if I get any new tips:

On my recent build, I've had an ongoing issue whilst restarting; my monitor will display "No DVI Signal"

I ctrl+alt+del, once and up to 6 times, just for my monitor to retrieve a signal again.

Nothing appears to be wrong with my monitor nor my GPU..other than this issue.

I can always, sometimes after several reboots post, this is more just a hassle than a threat. All my drivers are updated and

What can I try guys? :(

New DVI cable?
Are you using a DVI to DSUB15 converter? It could be your RAMDACs.
Have you checked your monitors input signal (Analog/Digital?) It could be checking for a primary analog or digital when one or the other isn't connected.

Just a few things.

Nice to see ya here Grant ^ ^

I've got two DVI cables..chances that both are fried similarly is unlikely :p

It's straight DVI, no converters.

In my monitor's menu it reads DVI as it's native Input source.

Thanks for the start, I hadn't thought about the I/O issue..but it wasn't that..hmm

Ok, since I first built the system, my monitor would display "no DVI signal" frequently upon restarting.

Right as the power starts and fans kick on, my monitor will display a Blue LED and "no DVI signal" appears regardless, as the power gets to my monitor before the signal. Then the single POST beep occurs and the LED displays a Yellow light if the signal wasn't received properly or a Blue light if it was and this is when I am forced to either restart or allow my box to boot. Sometimes I am forced to restart several times, until my monitor retrieves the signal.

This has happens regardless of: BIOS, Drivers, OC'ing, any setting tweaking. But currently I am obviously up-to-date on all drivers and BIOS etc.

Could be the GPU not putting out a signal all the time. Do you have a different GPU to try?

Mine takes longer for whatever reason because of my processor. It used to be much faster when I had a Q66 because it was actually compatible. Since my Q95 isn't exactly "compatible" it delays boot time quite a bit and sometimes the monitor goes into standby momentarily. Strangely, if I raise my clocks above 2.66GHz, it won't POST and I have to repeatedly restart the system to get to where I can at least change it back down to 2.4-2.5GHz in BIOS. Because resetting the BIOS only puts it back at 2.83GHz.

Check something in your BIOS, though. Primary display it will look like. Mine was set to PCI instead of PCI-E (as that's default) It checks your PCI slot for a GPU before it checks your PCI-E slot. So set it to PCI-E and that might solve it, too.

Could be the GPU not putting out a signal all the time. Do you have a different GPU to try?

Mine takes longer for whatever reason because of my processor. It used to be much faster when I had a Q66 because it was actually compatible. Since my Q95 isn't exactly "compatible" it delays boot time quite a bit and sometimes the monitor goes into standby momentarily. Strangely, if I raise my clocks above 2.66GHz, it won't POST and I have to repeatedly restart the system to get to where I can at least change it back down to 2.4-2.5GHz in BIOS. Because resetting the BIOS only puts it back at 2.83GHz.

Check something in your BIOS, though. Primary display it will look like. Mine was set to PCI instead of PCI-E (as that's default) It checks your PCI slot for a GPU before it checks your PCI-E slot. So set it to PCI-E and that might solve it, too.

Unfortunately another GPU will be my last resort, as I do not have a spare lying around..I could purchase one and return it..hmm

Well, about posting, I still post just fine 100% of the time. Its just that the display doesn't show.

And I looked around my BIOS, in every nook and cranny and I couldn't find the Display or anything PCI/e related.

Thanks!

Guess I'll have to go pick up a test card >,<

Doh!

Got your PM.

Really sorry but I've thought about it a lot and I can't think of anything else to do apart from trying a new card.

what kind of psu do you have...? that's a pretty beefy system and overclocking that 920 only makes it more so, also how many hdds do you have...? besides when at full load, booting can take the most juice from your system when you take into consideration a bunch of hdds spinning up in addition to all the other stuff pulling from the psu, also, in the bios the PCI-E is sometimes referred to as [PEG] or something similar, look for that...

what kind of psu do you have...? that's a pretty beefy system and overclocking that 920 only makes it more so, also how many hdds do you have...? besides when at full load, booting can take the most juice from your system when you take into consideration a bunch of hdds spinning up in addition to all the other stuff pulling from the psu, also, in the bios the PCI-E is sometimes referred to as [PEG] or something similar, look for that...

Hey Wolvarine, thanks for dropping in!

I'll check my BIOS for a PEG type setting.

As far as my PSu goes, it is a 700w OCZ ModXStream Pro, surely that would be sufficient, no? I have two HD's as well.

And to add, I've had this issue before I started overclocking.

Thanks Again!

Back
Top Bottom