. NETWORKING ISSUE! CANT ACCESS.. DENIED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadisam

Solid State Member
PROBLEM 1

legend:
Numbers 1-4 are only ways of accessing.. please dont get confused ^^
it so long to repeat all those so i thought to make short i'l use a legend.. T_T

setup >>>
1 server and 40 computers...
server can access all 39 computer's shared files using 1.)"time server", 2.)"run + ip", 3.)"run + "pc name" and 4.)"network places: view workgroup computers".. except 1 pc.. let's say that is pc1 and server is server...

pc 1 can access server... no problem with pc1 accessing server..
the problem is server cant access pc 1 thru "1.), 3.) and 4.).. i can only access it using 2.) w/c is "run+ip"
whenever i try 1,3 and 4.. i always get the " pc 1 is not accessible.. you might not have the permission, contact the blah blah blah
access is denied" warning..

no firewall issue..
i visit registry and change limitblankpassword to 0
restrictanonymous is 0
gp all not configured, so i think there's no need to change somthing in that aspect...
ive checked user right assignment, seems normal/default to me.. no changes done..

all 39 computers can access pc1 thru 2, 3 and 4... of course not the "1.)" (since it is a client and not a server)

what else did i miss to check out?
and what could be the other solution.....

PROBLEM 2
actually before this mess happened.. there was an issue with pc1 "my documents" "another problem, the root of this mess"
before anything else... {pc 1} - 2 partitions.. c and d... "my documents' target location was a user in d... D:\My Documents
but a naughty customer somehow changed it to C:\Documents and Settings\AUZCOM\My Documents
i tried all i can to change it back to D but failed.. i cant even edit the target location.. move, restore cant be seen when i right click on my documents.. and then i snapped and deleted that my docs... and this is when problem 1 emerged..

is there a way to changed my "my documents" to D again.. what shall i do?

I spent half a day in searching the net and forums hoping to get these two problems fixed.. T_T
but unfortunately.. not even 1 of those "solutions" worked for me...

PLEASE HELP ME.... I dont want to resolve this thru cloning from a good pc and installing again my fav softwarez..
PLEASE HELP ME.. I BEG OF YOU... T_T​

Re: IM LOST!.. PLEASE HELP.. NETWORKING ISSUE!

Problem 1. holy moly.... I about have a headache trying to figure out what was what looking at all your numbers.

How is your network set up.. domain or workgroup? Are they all on the same switch? Are they all in the same subnet? Windows firewall is turned off?

And posting PLEASE HELP in capital letters in the title will not get help faster... it usually causes you to get help slower

yup Sir!... same workgroup, same subnet, firewall off... 1 switch...

router >> modem >> switch >> computers..

i still cant understand.. why my server can only access pc 1 thru "run + ip" but if pc name or in network places.. it cant... hmm... and is it possible prob 2 is the real reason for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom