Networking 3 PCs

sjaeger172004

Beta member
What would be the easiest way to network as I was going to use the current AMD (athlon xp 2800+) or the Celeron 2.5Ghz as a file server with Fedora Core 10 but have to upgrade the Hard drive which will happen in a couple of weeks time with the memory upgrade which will sit in the Lounge room I have a wireless Modem router and going to add another PC (dual core 939 AMD) which will be used as the main computer. Will the easiest way be wireless lan or gigabit nic?

First of all, what? That post makes no sense at all. The only thing I understand is the last part. You want the NIC, never run a server off of wireless.

Also shorten your sig to five lines.

Use punctuation man, I almost suffocated trying to read that first line.

Oh and like the other two said...What?

He wants to use either his Celeron or his AMD as a server. The other computer along with a 939 desktop, the main computers, would be used to access the server. The server would sit in the lounge. He wants to do this as soon as he gets a memory and HDD upgrade. He plans to use Fedora Core 10 (I assume a server OS). I think the 939 would be connected through wireless. Now he's asking if the server should be hardwired or wirelessly connected.

If it is a file server I assume you want the fastest connections possible so go hardwired.

your run on sentence should enter the boston marathon.

Well if you have a 100mb switch or better go wired ... wireless N is much slower

Back
Top Bottom