network/software problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

computer12620

Banned
hi i just bought a newa computer and i was online a few days ago i got online and nothing happened i couldnt dial up to my linksys router how ever my brothers computer woked just fine for the internet and i can still share files with him. i tried a different harddrive which is very small and myt internet works just fine.I want to reformat but i need 35 gigs of stuff on my harddrive how can i save them and stil reforamat

if u can file share, why not copy your 35 gigs over to your bros machine, re-format, install OS then copy files back over?

computer12620, why don't we try to figure out what is wrong with your connection before you reformat?

Exactly what type of router do you have?
What operating system are you using?

If you would rather just reformat, then like ADZ siad, if you can see your bros computer, transfer files, reformat and retransfer files.

well i have a linksys router model besfr41. the reason i need to keep the 35 gigs is causee its ny bros stuff and he doesnt have room for it. im conneceted though a lan
thanx for your help

before your format, i have problems with this all of the time, im connected with linksys router and a hawk switch, i have to unplug my dsl modem, router and switch and then leave them off for 2 min, then plug the switch back in, then the router, then the DSL. Give it a shot see what happens.

well its really strange because my brothers computer works just fine with the router and he thinks it would be a software issue because we can still share files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom