22.jpg

33.jpg

I did use some RTV to fill that hole where the cable goes through
44.jpg

Annnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddd

55.png

Here's the ethernet speed.

66.png

Unfortunately I found two bad ethernet ports on the modem so I had to use the port the Dell laptop from 2010 running Windows 10 was plugged into. That one will get the USB ethernet adapter as it is only dual core 2 gigs of RAM I think and not really good for much.

I got a question though.

Will a USB ethernet adapter be fast enough for streaming?

I may have to use the other PC for now with an HDMI capture card for streaming until I can get a gaming PC or laptop then I'll move the capture card to the current PC and use that to stream with the faster PC or laptop used for Fortnite.

Alrighty then.

I used the second ethernet port to connect the second PC and after figuring out how to bridge the connections I don't need the ethernet switch.

However the upload speed on the main PC then drops to 0.57 Mbps, but on the second PC it is 10.26 Mbps. Not sure why. However the fast upload speed is where I want it though.

Heck yes. Just downloaded OBS to the second PC and it took less than 10 seconds.

Last edited:
Ethernet switch is installed and here's the numbers.

Main PC
128.23Mbps download 10.23Mbps upload

Second PC
70.44Mbps download (limited by the USB ethernet adapter which is fine as it is just used for streaming to youtube) 10.27Mbps upload.

So I'm happy.

I also have two more ethernet ports should I need them.

Not sure if it matters, but the 25' CAT 5 cable going to my main PC from the switch (was on my laptop inside the house) I replaced with a 7' CAT 6 cable and now I get 166.26Mbps download and 10.30Mbps upload.

I'm sure internet traffic has something to do with it as well and may be the only thing.

Ethernet switch is installed and here's the numbers.

Main PC
128.23Mbps download 10.23Mbps upload

Second PC
70.44Mbps download (limited by the USB ethernet adapter which is fine as it is just used for streaming to youtube) 10.27Mbps upload.

So I'm happy.

I also have two more ethernet ports should I need them.
Yea, figured it was that bridge causing the weird upload.

Not sure if it matters, but the 25' CAT 5 cable going to my main PC from the switch (was on my laptop inside the house) I replaced with a 7' CAT 6 cable and now I get 166.26Mbps download and 10.30Mbps upload.

I'm sure internet traffic has something to do with it as well and may be the only thing.
Short range cable won't change that unless the CAT 5 was bad to begin with. On the other hand, if you're last mile at all congestion will cause slow downs.

Figured it was internet traffic as everybody and their brother were home yesterday.

Today everybody and their brother is out doing family stuff.

Back
Top Bottom