network question.

the network wizard should take care of the firewalls if you do it right. windows firewall is usally the problem though.

yeh, printers fine.
just can't hook it up to network yet.
will give it a go later and report back.
woz

Just make sure firewalls allow both the computers I.P to share resources. What does everyone use, im on Zonealarm. Never use multiple firewall

ok, so here is the latest instalmemt.
i turn off both firewalls and and look for network printer, still no luck.
if i attempt to find a printer on the secon p.c, i have to go through a setup wizard.
firstly it asks me if 1) im setting up a network printer connected to a printer server.
or 2) a local printer. it states that if im setting up a network printer that is not on a server to choose the later. so i choose the later (local printer), it then asks me what port it will be conecting through?? now im not sure which one i should choose. any ideas?
woz

oh....the printer isn't set up on the first pc yet?
yeah just go through the wizard and set it up, or insert the cd that came with it and install it on the computer. as for the port, it'll either be the printer port (lpt1) or a usb port.

the lexmark has been working on the main p.c for over a year now. it is connected via usb.
i took the second p.cs printer away. i then tried to set up the lexmark printer on a network while still running on the main p.c.
the problem is i can't get the second p.c to find it!
woz

Back
Top Bottom