network install of windows 2000 pro

mailmanfan89

Solid State Member
i have 2 computers connected to a home network. how do i do a network install of windows 2000 pro so i can install the OS on another PC in the network through this computer

mailmanfan89 said:
i have 2 computers connected to a home network. how do i do a network install of windows 2000 pro so i can install the OS on another PC in the network through this computer

pcmxkeith said:
there we go :) Ty . Btw, Welcome and enjoy your stay...

Is norton ghost easy?

Whether its easy or not depends upon your overall understanding of computing.

Personally I find it ok.... but Ive shifted to using a DOS based program which probably wont work under your version of windows, its called:

MaxBlast 2 ... this is a program developed by Maxtor for cloning HDD,
my network computers dont have their HDD fixed inside the computer case, rather I have a mobile hard disk rack which can be easily removed from any computer on the network (while the computer is off of course) and placed into my server's empty hard disk rack, and from there i use a startup disk to enter into DOS and run MaxBlast 2 to clone from my
primary hard disk (server) to the secondary hard disk (client/workstation)

It doesnt bother me cloning my computers this way, and I Know for sure that there are much easier ways of cloning via networking without having to pull and insert HDD in and out all day.

I know for sure from personal experience during my university days, that Norton Ghost is the best option, but you will need some networking background to get it up and running...

I believe the newer version of Norton Ghost 9.0 is way easier than what I used back about 5 years ago.

But then again.............

I just did a search on Norton Ghost 9.0 and I found alot of complaints and bad sides to it. The software which seems to be in competition with Norton Ghost and classed as "easy to use" is Acronis True Image 8.0

Here is a link to the program, its a review:
http://www.zdnet.com.au/reviews/software/productivity/0,39023447,39181200,00.htm

Im now considering using or even trying out Acronis True Image 8.0.

I hope this helped.

Back
Top Bottom