Network device packet management.

aznxsinn

Beta member
Hi everybody,

I'm currently a Senior in College, and for one of our projects we are using a Java based VoIP program (SIP-Communicator) and modifying it to fit our project purposes. One of our main problems is the routing of data in a computer to different devices.

For example. Lets say I have a computer and it is connected to the internet two ways, one through the NIC card (wired ethernet) and the other though a WiFI card (wireless). I want to choose which connection I send data through... for example, maybe I would like to send datagram A through the wired ethernet to a remote computer, and datagram B through the wireless. How would this be handled? Are there specific sites out there relating to this topic, because it is extremely important in our project.

I read something fleeting about a routing table in the OS, however, I believe I'll need more fine tune control over the data and which device they are being sent to. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Regards,
aznxsinn

Here is where it gets a little fuzzy. The packets will be routed to the same computer but through different paths, one would be over the WiFI network and the other over a cellular network, lets say UMTS or EV-DO.

Hope that clears things up,
aznxsinn

Back
Top Bottom