Network Connection Lost - Nonstop

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXx-Tricky-xXx

In Runtime
Hey, I think my PC stats are in my sig, I havent been on here in a while but I am having a very annoying problem.

Since the past week, I have been getting very annoying internet shorts, the internet will cut off for about 1-2 seconds really quickly and then back on. But at the same time, it says on my toolbar, "A Network Cable is Unplugged".
While, this may not affect web browsing, it causes chaos for me when I play any online game, and any instant messengers. Its come to the point I cannot even play a game more than 2 minutes because sometimes itll happen every minute or two, or it will happen 5 or 6 times in one minute. At one point the other day, it was doing it every second, literly. Connect, Disconnect, Connect, Disconnect. I thought it was my internet first, but then I saw that it wasnt doing this on any other computer.

I worry my motherboard is going to ****, and my network card is in the mobo, so if that is the case, I am screwed and I dont have any money to buy another.

Any and all help appriciated greatly,

Thanks

Try using another network card, router and ethernet cable. Use only one different one at a time. It could be any of those though it is most likely your motherboard or network card. New network cards don't cost very much at all.

Also try deleting that network connection and creating a new one from scratch. Think if you've installed any networking tools such as Hamachi recently.

I tried different cable, I dont have a 2nd router but I know it cant be router because the other computers in the house dont have this problem.

Also, I couldnt delete the network, how do I do that. It would say it cant be removed.

I also dont have a network card, I have whatever is on my motherboard. How cheap are we talking for a network card? I have no money at all, period... Nor do I have a job so this is a big problem.

Its disconnecting every 30 seconds now and getting worse.

Try a different port on the router then. Network cards go from 10-300 but there is almost no difference between the two. If you aren't using a card then yes it is your motherboard's controller.

Take a look at this card: NCIX D-Link Ethernet Adapter

oh wait, i just went into device manager and it has a yellow ! on Ethernet Controller. Is this the problem? If so, isnt that a driver related issue?

If you haven't tried reinstalling the driver do it. Go to DFI's site and get it there, don't use the CD version.

Ok, so I bought a Linksys NIC and I am still having the same problem. Its not quite as often but it still happens every 10 mins or so. I dont know what else to do now. Reinstalling XP isnt an option either because I have so much saved data and programs installed that it would take weeks to get it all back and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom