netbook wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

starwars

Solid State Member
Hi everyone. I was thinking about getting a cheap netbook. If it says "with wifi", "wireless connection: wifi", or "wifi capable", doesn't that mean it has the wireless antenna built in and you don't need a usb dongle to connect to a wireless router? I can't find an answer to this question anywhere else.

Yes, most netbooks (if not all new ones) come with a built in Wireless NIC. You will not need to get a dongle for WiFi connectivity unless you are looking for 3G or 4G connections. But getting access at your local coffee shop or at home is just fine with the built in Wireless NIC, you should be able to get a decent netbook for around $250-300 I wouldnt spend any more then that, If you do then just get a thin laptop.

Yes, all netbooks, since they came out, have a wireless card in it. Laptop as well as Netbook do not have a wireless antenna. The card itself is strong enough to get the signal.

Or just post it on here. Please edit out your email address. Spammers and hackers can get into it very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom