needle put in a diode- computer does not turn on

The green one is the power on indicator and the red one, the one your daughter poked a needle into, is the hard drive activity indicator. If the power supply hasnt shut down, ie your computer is still working, I don't think it will do any harm other than the fact that you cannot see when your hard drive is being accessed. Not the end of the world. It is easily replaced although it would probably have to go to your local friendly computer tech.

You can get a led at Fry's electronic s and solder it in very easily. Just unsolder the original with an soldering iron and some braid to soak up the old solder.

You can get a led at Fry's electronic s and solder it in very easily. Just unsolder the original with an soldering iron and some braid to soak up the old solder.

We don't have Fry's electronics over here only Fry's chocolate unless our government have got to that as well and it's closed down. Also judging from the OP I very much doubt that the poster would be able to solder, or know which way round to connect an LED or even where to purchase a suitable LED. If the computer is working then the fact that the LED is broken will not make any difference to the working of the computer and I think the much safer option for the poster, if he/she wants the LED replaced, is to take it to their local pc repairer.

We don't have Fry's electronics over here only Fry's chocolate unless our government have got to that as well and it's closed down. Also judging from the OP I very much doubt that the poster would be able to solder, or know which way round to connect an LED or even where to purchase a suitable LED. If the computer is working then the fact that the LED is broken will not make any difference to the working of the computer and I think the much safer option for the poster, if he/she wants the LED replaced, is to take it to their local pc repairer.

It says the computer wont turn on.

Those LEDs are usually attached to the case and a wire simply plugs in to the headers on the motherboard do they not? I do not see how poking one could in any way cause the computer not to boot up. OP, take your computer in to the shop or to a savvy friend and have it looked at. Something more is going on.

If nothing at all happens when you hit the power button, check the switch in back, the cord connection, the circuit breaker for the outlet, etc.

Back
Top Bottom