Need your opinions

ibangyetis

Solid State Member
ok so i was looking online for a new, decent gaming computer when i found this one
i found it on cyberpowerpc.com
i just want to know if its a good buy for the price ($475),
I would also like to know if it comes with everything, or would i need to go out and buy more things to make it run better
heres the description from the site

* CASE: Apevia X-Cruiser 2 Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window & MultiMeter Display (Black Color)
* Neon Light Upgrade: NONE
* Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans
* POWER SUPPLY Upgrade: 420 Watts Standard Case Power Supply
* CPU: AMD Phenomâ„¢II X3 710 Triple-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
* COOLING FAN : AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK
* MOTHERBOARD: Asus M3A76-CM AMD 760G Chipset DDR2/1066 SATA RAID PCIe Mainboard w/ATI 3000 Graphic, GbLAN, USB2.0, &7.1Audio
* MEMORY: 2GB (1GBx2) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
* FREEBIES: None
* VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
* VIDEO CARD 2: None
* VIDEO CARD 3: None
* Free Game: None
* MULTIPLE VIDEO CARD SETTINGS: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
* LCD Monitor: NONE
* 2nd Monitor: NONE
* HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
* Data Hard Drive: NONE
* USB PORTABLE DRIVE: NONE
* Optical Drive: (Special Price) LG 22X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Dual Layer Drive (BLACK COLOR)
* Optical Drive 2: NONE
* SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
* SPEAKERS: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers
* NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
* MODEM: NONE
* KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
* MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
* Extra Thermal Display : NONE
* Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: NONE
* Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
* VIDEO CAMERA: NONE
* PRINTER: None
* PRINTER CABLE: None
* IEEE CARD: NONE
* USB PORT: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
* FLOPPY: NONE
* Windows 7 Upgrade Coupon: None
* Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner: None
* SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
* RUSH SERVICE: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS

any help is appreciated

(p.s. im pretty computer illiterate so i dont know what a lot of that stuff means)

its mediocre. depends on what type of games you wanna play. and you also gotta shell out some extra cash for an os system

os- operating system, like vista or xp

it will be fine for those games

but you can get a better price if you build your own. if not, you still can find a better value.

you live in the states?

you can build/buy better items on newegg or even local retail stores. i believe its a little overpriced

you can build/buy better items on newegg or even local retail stores. i believe its a little overpriced

well
i dont know how to set up a computer at all and i dont want to try to build it cause i know ill screw it up (im 13)
and i saw a bunch of like $1000 dollar computers in the store, but when i reviewed them online they werent very good

oh and what about the Phenom II X4 940 at 3ghz
its only like 200$, but it seems good
better deal? or is that just cores and not a whole computer itself (like the above)

its just the prosessor the Phenom II X4 940 cost $180 on newegg has .4 more GHz and it is quad core
but your AMD Phenom II X3 710 is $100 on newegg has a little less power per core and only has tripple core
it just depends on how much you want to spend

its just the prosessor the Phenom II X4 940 cost $180 on newegg has .4 more GHz and it is quad core
but your AMD Phenom II X3 710 is $100 on newegg has a little less power per core and only has tripple core
it just depends on how much you want to spend

Well the model that I first posted is an AMD Phenom ll x3 710, and I really don't want to pay another $80 for the x4 940
And I kinda want to build my own but don't know how, so Ithink I'll just get the one of from cyber power
Good deal?

Honestly, I don't think it's worth it... Usually when you buy a computer that's been prebuilt, a good portion of the price is them building it. Order your parts separately at good deals from reputable places n put it together yourself.

Putting together your own comp is easy. I did it with my current one with no experience. Just be sure to look at the specs of the parts you want, make em compatible. It's just a simple puzzle, ya know; make sure these numbers match up, get the stuff in the mail, plug stuff into MB where it looks like it goes (with help of MB manual of course), done.

Back
Top Bottom