Need to Upgrade - Mobo, Ram, Processor, etc???

Quicsilver87

Baseband Member
Hi guys so this is my current PC that i built back in 2008 with the help of this forum! and now i think its time I upgrade a little bit. Nothing too expensive. though so budget will be around $500 total for the upgrades. Reason for upgrade is to catch up to modern times, lol. I am a avid gamer and would like to play the next gen games such as Shadow of Mordor and Watch Dogs, but my current built cannot play it.

heres the parts i bought last time and built my own PC:
CPU INTEL|PDC E2200 2.2G 775 65N $93.99
MNTR LG|LCD 19" 2MS L1933TR-SF RT $229.99
DVD BURN SAMSUNG|SH-S203N SATA LS $29.99
VGA XFX PVT88PYDF4 8800GT 512M RT $229.99 (This died a couple years ago so i got another Video Card - Nvidia GeForce GTS250)
SPEAKER LOGITECH|X-230 BLK 2.1 $38.99
HD 80G|ST 7K 8M SATA2 ST380815AS $43.99 (This got full so bought another HD that has 500GB)
PSU CORSAIR|CMPSU-550VX 550W RT $99.99
CASE RAIDMAX | ATX-268WB BLK RT $29.99
MB ABIT IP35-E P35 775 $86.99
MEM 1Gx2|G.SK F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ $44.99

Currently using 32bit Windows 7 Home Premium

So there's that, back then those prices were beast lol, but now i know i can twice the power for half the price.

Things I would like to upgrade:
- I would like to have more RAM but for that I believe i need to upgrade the processor and to upgrade the processor i need new Mother Board? Im not too sure about the Mobo, but i do know i will need new CPU and RAM.
- I want to get Windows 7 64Bit so not too sure what i need to upgrade.

That's basically it. Now I leave it to you guys for your input on whats the best way to get this done! These forums have helped me out last time and i have no doubt ya'll can help me this time around too! :)

Thanks for the recommendations! I don't know if I need such an expensive Video Card....What are some cheaper alternatives? Whatever money I can save on the Video card i can put towards a stronger CPU, feel like that is better option.

That is exactly the opposite of the best option. Games are GPU heavy more than being CPU heavy. That Pentium can hold it's weight quite well. Also, that 760 is only a midrange card so if you have anymore money to toss that way I would.

That is exactly the opposite of the best option. Games are GPU heavy more than being CPU heavy. That Pentium can hold it's weight quite well. Also, that 760 is only a midrange card so if you have anymore money to toss that way I would.

Ah ok, i was unaware of that point. I am thinking I should wait 3 more weeks to order because I know Newegg and several other websites will have thier annual Cyber Monday/ Black Friday deals. What do you say?

THe deals for the links at the time I posted came in at exactly 499. When the time comes you'll need new links for different things on sale at the time.

no i didnt buy those because i wanted to wait and see if there would be better deals for Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Also i found out i can get Windows 8.1 for free from my university so i do not need to buy a OS separately.

Back
Top Bottom