need to recover 1000+ JPEG pictures!!!!!

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
I was reading the February 2006 issue of Maximum PC until I came to the section titles, 'Recover your Deleted Files'. A few years ago, I had over 500 pictures of NY/WA D.C, and a lot of my dad's super important Iraq photos. I somehow screwed my computer up (emachines 566i2). The O/S could not start up, says I have to reinstall Windows ME (i have xp pro sp2 now). I put the restore disc in, which uses Norton Ghost, and it said it dumped everything. At that point, I knew I could not get the pictures back, so I just restored it. In the magazine, it says I can use Zero Assumption Recovery, and GetDataBack for NTFS/FAT. I downloaded all three plus a program called 'Recovery2000'. None of them helped. I found the mp3's/mp4's I recently put on and deleted, but no JPEG's. Is there a way I can get my pictures back by using some kind of software. Thank You! I can give more info if needed.

well if uve been using it since then then its very unlikely u can recover them because theyve been overwritten by now

Im pretty sure it's impossible now.
It has been too long since the pictures where there. And if u formatted the drive when installing the new windows then it makes it even harder. No software can do it, some super geek might be able, but most likely there is nothing u can do.

you can recover almost anything that you had on that hdd.
there are a shed load of companys doing data recovery now.
it wont be a problem recovering images, as many peodophiles have been caught out by thinking that re-formating their hard drive will remove the incriminatin evidence.
so if you are happy to pay $200 to get them back, go for it.
woz

I don't have $200! I'm only 14, really want a job though. I don't use that HD anymore. Any software programs?

Well if its so important to your father, wont he pay for it. If its needed so badly?

Back
Top Bottom