Need testers for Web Walker

tjweb

Baseband Member
Hey i developed a new web browser.
I need the community to test it out. I have had 5 people test it so far and all say it is faster then IE, Fire Fox, and opera.
http://freewebs.com/tjweb92/ww.zip

please post any comments, opinions, sugestions
complaints are welcome

Some browsers will not follow the link but will redirect you back to forums so copy link to address bar

is a uni project or something or are you going for you one more trying to nudge microsoft out of the market?

Sure homebrew browsers will be faster, but is it safer? I'm in the middle of making one myself. Let me try yours out and when I've got a beta down I'll trade with you :p

Edit: Um, what did you program this in? I'm not running it without seeing the source

Dude, i have just downloaded it. Its just Internet explorer, with a different look, isnt it? Oh, and it llooks like VB

samurai said:
Dude, i have just downloaded it. Its just Internet explorer, with a different look, isnt it? Oh, and it llooks like VB
Yeah I just tested it and it is just Internet Explorer with his own development around it, probably using Visual Basic.net or something.

i did write it in Visual Basic but i re wrote the EXE file that compiles the browser into it to take some unneeded loading steps out of IE. Pluss got rid of the proxy detection.

Here is the edits i made to Browse.exe for the browser

-Tookout network proxy detection
-Changed ping commands to 5 byte instead of 32 and 1 reply instead of three to check for an alive server
-Made it more dialup freindly

Future changes
-Built in connection booster
-Built in firewall
-Favorites
-Tabs
-Enable return key to submit URL
-Better streaming socket capabilities

all though the browser it self is in visual basic i had to edit the browser plugin with C++.

only problem is. Most websites still log it as IE

Okay, as we say in wales "Fair Play" It would be virtually impossible to code your own Browser from scratch without it taking YEARS. Good look :)

Back
Top Bottom