Need suggestions on computer protection...

aixchange

Solid State Member
I thought i new a computer inside out but when it comes to protection i always seem to get some kind of virus or nasty spywear once and a while. Right now i am running Norton system works 2005 with Microsoft antispywear beta and when im in sites that id ont trust or dls i will throw on the xp sp2 firewall. I just built a new computer and sunk alot of cash into it. I dont feel like reinstalling windows again so any suggestions would be great. Thanks alot

Everybody gets spyware and viruses and your set-up is excellent you have a good understanding on how to protect your computer, one suggestion i wouldn't trust Microsoft Firewall to save my life when i installed SP2 i disabled the firewall and install Norton's Firewall you may want to think about buying Norton Personal Firewall or get a free firewall such as Zone Alarm.

Don't worry about viruses and spyware as long as your program pick them up your fine and don't forget to update.

Hey thanks

Thanks for the reply technoman. My norton system works 2005 has a firewall builit in to it but its not a good one just blocks some stuff or so thats what ive been told becuase when i shut my xp firewall off it still detects that my firewall is on. I hear good things about xp firewll then i hear bad things so im gonna take your adviece and go with the a norton firewall. I had one about a few months ago but my computer crashed and they gave me my money back. But i know that it was becuase of the firewall it was from spywear that got deleted. Spywear is a bit@#. Its usually the main cause of computer failure. Thanks for the advice i appreciate it...

Back
Top Bottom