Need Suggestions on Buying a new Digital Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee05162004

Baseband Member
I need help deciding on a new digital camera to buy. I've been to many websites and I can't decide. I would like a camera that comes with a photo printer like the Kodak Easyshare cameras but if I can get a really good camera then I can buy a photo printer later on. The only real specifications I'm looking for is between 4-5 megapixals and more optical zoom than digital zoom. Price range would be under $200.00.

I too am looking for a digital camera for under 200 bucks. My mom wanted a digital camera and so do I, so I made a deal that she would pay for half of it and I'll pay for the other half, It pretty much would be mine like I get to keep it and use when I want but she wants to use it for taking pictures (vacaction, special events, holidays, etc.).

I could care less about getting a picture printer but I too would like to have one if it is worth it.

Ah.. Digital Cameras...

I'm looking at buying a "Canon 30D dSLR" I"m still undecided on a lens, but i'll probably go with a 28mm/200mm. CF cards are also pretty cheap now, so i'll probably go with a 2G-4G card.

I'm going to decide at the end of the summer, when I get my quarterly bonus.... It's either that or may-be a new 42" LCD HDTV. Samsung.

lancec2c30 said:
wow havoc if your camera and tv you want are in the same price range you must wnat to become a future photagrapher. LOL

nah... just a novice. But i did take photography in HS years ago and I took some classes locally at a camera shop. For me... I want digital, yet I also want manual modes with lot's of bells and whistles. And there are a few canons and nikons that I like, but the the Canon 30D is were it's at for me in the under $2000.00 range.

Depends on what you actually use the camera for.

I just use my cam for fun...take random pictures outside, at work, etc.

You will need a nice Canon, around 5-megapixels for a good quality camera. For a good quality point-and-shoot, i recommend the Polaroid I532. I bought this camera at Wal-Mart for $190 Canadian, its excellent. 12X zoom, 5-megapixels, lightweight, 2.5" screen :D
A really neat feature is that it's 8-megapixels, according to a feature on the camera... (I guess it uses more battery life?)

Product Page

*Be sure to purchase a memory card with any digital camera, as they take around 12 pictures at 5MP*

i just bought this Nikon coolpixs L3 an it takes great pictures. $199.99.
Nikon
this is a pic i took of ducks in my back yard. i resized it down to fit in here
1zcd5yu.jpg

The Canon 30D is a great camera. Probably a little much for someone that isn't a real hobbist. BTW, my 28mm spends almost all its time in the camera bag, Now my 50mm, 28-75mm and 70-200mm get used often. Might want to do some good research, else you will find yourself buying and selling lenses over and over.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Ah.. Digital Cameras...

I'm looking at buying a "Canon 30D dSLR" I"m still undecided on a lens, but i'll probably go with a 28mm/200mm. CF cards are also pretty cheap now, so i'll probably go with a 2G-4G card.

I'm going to decide at the end of the summer, when I get my quarterly bonus.... It's either that or may-be a new 42" LCD HDTV. Samsung.

That Nikon seems like an OK camera, but don't forget a memory card and case, they will both cost about $40...well worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom