Not open for further replies.

brizzo86

Solid State Member
Ok guys my system specs are as follows
AMD Athlon 3000+ 64bit
Nvidia 6600gt 128mbit
DDR 1gig pc3200 *2x512*
Abit KV8 Pro Motherboard

Now my problem is my motherboard does not support dual channel. My motherboard only has 2 slots for memory. I just bought this pc about a year ago... the Mobo and Proc are 754 pin :( I think that's bad... not sure.. i guess the 940 is far superior to the 754 someone explain why please. My bottom question is, would it be worth it to just upgrade my 6600gt and go radeon or maybe just get a 6800 ultra 256mbit card and then swap out the 2 512 and get 2x1gig sticks of ddr. Or because the motherboard does not support Dual Channel should i scrap the entire computer and get a 940 pin with dual channel support ddr 2 etc etc. + my brand is not corsair or kingston.. i want to know if this is like making it so i wont be able to play Quake Wars on top graphix or bf2. I mean i can play most games medium-high settings , this includes fear,hl2,bf2... but i can't crank the af to x16 and aa to like 8 and volumetric lighting on in fear or nething :( So what's your guys's advice? Im hoping i can just upgrade graphics card and get 2 gigs of mem and that just because it doesnt support dual channel im not getting screwed?

Ok well first SKT 940 is for servers. Now that we got that out of the way. SKT 754 is old so it's not the best, it's not horrible but not the best. What you could do is sell off your computer right now and then build a new one in the next month or so when AMD drops their prices. BTW your not screwed, dual channel offer superior preformance but your not screwed.

Linkage: http://www.tcmagazine.info/articles.php?action=show&id=128&perpage=1&pagenum=5

where and how could i sell my computer and what would i get for it, i wanna keep my moniter my speakers are shot and i wanna keep my mouse and keepboard.. so just the tower and stuff inside.. but i can't cover like if it breaks or melts the day i sell it so what should i do?

You could maybe get 500 or more for it but dont quote me on that. and dont worry if it breaks, thats the risk you get of buying used.

Post flyers in your local mall or whatever. You could also try parting out your computer and selling individual parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom