Need some quick advice on a laptop

AMDpwnz0r

In Runtime
I am interested in getting a laptop, however I have no cash ATM so I have opted to trade my older Custom Computer (Alienware components, Raidmax case)

I was offered a Dell Latitude D610, I would like to know if this computer CAN play World of Warcraft on Low / Mid graphic settings, I don't care if there is minimal lag just as long as it doesnt make gaming in WoW a hassle. I'm not looking for a gaming laptop, I just need something I can trade my old comp for and play SOME games, (WoW, CS, WC3 etc..)

Specs on laptop are :
Pentium M 2.13GHz
2GB PC3200 RAM
Radeon X300 Integrated GFX
(Vista rating of 2.0)
Windows XP

CUSTOM specs:
3.4Ghz P4 w/ HT
2GB PC3200 RAM
Radeon X800 ( High - Mid settings on WoW with barely any lag)
Windows XP

I do not use this computer any more it just sits in my closest I know its faster than the laptop but I don't care because my main Rig is in my specs.

Please let me know quickly
Thank you

It wont run on low settings? According to that website the Intel GMA950 is slightly below the X300, and from what I have seen on youtube the Intel GMA950 can run it on mostly low settings. Its not Glass but it seems to be smooth enough to play.

I wouldn't waste the money. How old are you? If you have a credit card, put the rest on a credit card and buy yourself a decent brand new lappy like the MSI GX630-028US or the TOSHIBA Satellite L305-S5921. Both are good laptops. But if you are on a strict budget, I would go with the latter of the two. But if you can charge some of it to a credit card, go with the first.

I wouldn't waste the money. How old are you? If you have a credit card, put the rest on a credit card and buy yourself a decent brand new lappy like the MSI GX630-028US or the TOSHIBA Satellite L305-S5921. Both are good laptops. But if you are on a strict budget, I would go with the latter of the two. But if you can charge some of it to a credit card, go with the first.

Waste what money? I am trading straight up for a computer I never use. I'm not paying a cent.

Waste what money? I am trading straight up for a computer I never use. I'm not paying a cent.

Waste the money from the old desktop on a new-to-you but used and old laptop that will not do what you want it to do. So yes, sell the desktop and save up a little or spend some of your own and get a better dual care laptop with more RAM and all. You will be much more pleased. For your stuff, get the $400 Toshiba lappy. I wish my lappy was that good. Haha. :p

It could play it. But, I don't know how well it would handle it. See if you can sell your computer and put that towards a new laptop.

I looked up some sites and you should be able to play all of those games on low settings with a few dips here and there.

that thing would probally studder and lag and freeze here and there but for the most part you could run wow on low with a lot of the eye candy turned off

Honestly, going from medium high settings to low will suck. I know you say you don't mind but honestly, Ive been in a situation where I went for a more expensive deal, or a cheaper one and didn't get the item that truly worked best for me. You can find really good cheap laptops, like that MSI listed above with the 9600Gt with 512mb of memory!! thats pretty good for a laptop. MY sony vaio im running on right now was 2k$ at the time onyl came with a 2.0ghz dual core, 2gb of RAM and a crappy 7400 geforce go. I wish i would have paid more attention to the parts and gotten my worth out of them. Next, in that laptop is 4gb of ram and a decent processor.

But then again since you dont use the comp and you seem to have a monster gaming rig, whats it worth to you? Is the layout of the laptop nice? I would agree to save up and buy something different or new out of the box but thats just me.

Back
Top Bottom