Need some help!!

owenexile

Beta member
Hi , well i got a silly thing to ask , even though i know abit about computers i just cant figure this out.

I play Dota competitively and i started lagging in War3 for some reason i cant figure out.

Its not internet lag its defnitly computer lag

I was running Windows 7 and thought it was a windows fault , so i went back the Xp and still same problem.
Ive tried a New install of war3 and still no diffrence
Ive already update to latest drivers for evrything i could and still the same
Ive Already check my Temps and evrything is normal
Cpu - 50 degrees
GPU - 60 Degrees
Mobo - 45 Degrees

Ive already swaped out Ram and still the same problem.

Heres my Specs
Windows Xp SP3
700 Thermeltake PSU
radeon 4870
Intel 3.4 Dcore
2gb Corsair Ram 2.1V 800mhZ
2 x 1 TB Seagate HDD

Thanks

Download HDTune and do a quick benchmark for performance, also do a quick block scan.

Are your SeaGate's by any chance 7200.11 or ES2 series?

Wow you definitely shouldn't be having lag issues with those specs if your 100% sure its not your internet.

I'd do what Grantofhell suggested and test your hard drive out.

Its the 7200.11 , i just tested both with HDtune and i get on average 33 degrees on both and minimum transfer rate about 100 and max about 140

Thanks

HDD seems to be doing fine. But I still think the lag is in the drive. That's normally one of the causes for slow performance. Download SeaTools from SeaGate.com and perform self tests on your HDD's. The 7200.11 series drives are know to have VERY common failures when shipped with SD1A firmware.

I would highly recommend an upgrade to AD14 if your drive has SD1A firmware on it.

It's possible that you didn't install the correct video drivers. That will slow everything down. Especially the transparant selecting effect when choosing multiple folders.

Back
Top Bottom