Need some help, not sure if it's the processor or mobo.

PLmatt91

Baseband Member
I bought an Asus P5B mobo, 1GB Patriot RAM, 80GB hdd, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 processor. Everything works great, Sata is fine, reads everything, boots up properly and fast. I have this screen that comes up before the Windows logo appears right before the boot of Windows. This is the screen:

IMG_029.jpg

Not sure what it is. Is it beacuse I used HDD ribbons instead of the CD ribbons? It's the mobo came with for any IDE inserts. I might try switching the HDD ribbons out with the CD ones that my old Dell came with and see if that solves the problem. Thanks for any help possible.

BTW - I updated the BIOS and everything through Asus but I still get that screen that pops up.

That is the SATA RAID BIOS screen. Since you are using only IDE drives, you should be able to disable that in the BIOS. Look for something like SATA controller or mass storage controller.

I have one Sata 3.0GB/s 80GB HDD, but I have a IDE hdd ribbon connecting to my CD drive cause I couldn't find a CD ribbon for it. So I don't know man. You think if I took out the old CD ribbon from my old Dell and put that in, if it'd work?

HDD/CD ribbon cables are all the same. There is nothing wrong with your computer. SATA is hot-swappable so that computer needs to detect all SATA devices before booting up and such. Your computer is perfectly fine.

So what's with the screen like that?

And now another question... I went to my BIOS and tried switching something, Windows didn't boot but then I changed it back and it detected a new DVD drive even though I only have one. I had one CD-RW / CD-R / DVD-R in 'My Computer' but now there's two of those. Would reformatting help in any way??

No, I don't think reformatting would be the right answer. Try disabling the extraneous device using device manager.

I checked my BIOS this morning and still, I can't think of any thing to fix it. I'll call in my buddies brother, he should know, if not, then I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom