Need some advice on rebuild

jfirusta

Baseband Member
Hello everyone, I recent purchased this Video Card which does not work with my current system. Amazon.com: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 1GB GDDR3 VGA/DVI/HDMI Low Profile PCI-Express Video Card N610GT-MD1GD3/LP: Computers & Accessories

I am now going to rebuild my system. I plan to keep: PSU, Case, HDD (SATA), Disc Drive and that's it. I want to replace MOBO, CPU, RAM and add an additional, smaller, HDD. I would like to do this all under $200. I know that's low, but I'm not looking for something amazing, just something good enough to run Skyrim, Skyrim Mods and a few other similar games.

The problem: I am way out of date on what to buy. Can someone help? Links to recommended parts would be great, better if they're on Amazon. Otherwise just let me know what's good and what's not. Are the Dual Core Pentium processors good? Do I go Intel or AMD? Thanks!

The amd apu's are great for budget systems because of their graphics onboard. But because it appears you already have bought a dedicated card, I would go with a Pentium Dual core, Ivy bridge with a B75 or another 7 series intel 1155 socket board, 4 gigs of ddr3 1333 memory. Hard drives are pretty cheap now, you can get a 1tb from seagate for $75, probably one of the better deals out there seeing how 250 and 320's are still $50.

I see no hardware when clicking on your link.
i am sorry to break it to you, but that GT 610 you have bought is pathetic for gaming.
you wanna play skyrim with that thing? good luck with that.

If this is a checkout list, the link is not working right.

The GT 610 is ok, it won't max stuff out or run it at 9 bazillion fps while running fraps, but it will, in fact, run skyrim ok.

maybe at 800x600 resulution with low graphics will it run at playable FPS.
it is no doubt a bad card and only meant for something like a media center.

Back
Top Bottom