need opinions on my future Rig

golf_addict73

In Runtime
Well I'm planning on building my very first computer...i've put many together and taken them apart....but have never built one from all my parts before.....Lemme know what you think about this computer....I'm on a budget of around $600 and right now its at $660....just waiting for some of the prices to come down...lemme hear your input....and what you think i can reduce some without losing performance

Case-thermaltake Soprano Black w/ side panel window
PSU-thermaltake silent purepower 480w
Mobo-CHAINTECH VNF4 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard
Processor-AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice
RAM-CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR
HDD-HITACHI Deskstar 7K80 80GB
video card-Geforce 6200TC(I know it uses 256MG of my mem. but thats ok for right now til i get enough mney for a geforce 6600 or 6800)
CD drive- liteon black IDE DVD-ROM drive

I need to drop the price maybe....if you think it'll just be better leaving it at this lemme know and i'll just work up about $60 more from somewhere....unless someone wants to send me a decent video card they don't use anymore.....other than that lemme hear your input people!!!

IMO, I think you should wait a bit. Don't waste money on a 6200. Just save up money and go for a 6600GT when you have the cash.

ok...but after i get all the other stuff purchased and put it in my sweet case....I got no video cause the motherboard doesn't have on board video....would you rocommend a different mobo or what.....I'll want to use this as soon as i get all the parts(which will be whenever i get enough money).....lemme know

wait does a regular 6200 take memory from ur pc? i never knew of this only thought it was on onboard pcs.

the 6200TC does.......thats why theres an astric next to the 256MB......i got everything worked out.....i found an atx micro that has onboard video...i can use that til i save up enough money to buy a 6600gt or a 6800gt....whichever i fell i need

I found a way to lower the price for now...I found a Micro atx mobo that has built in video..I can use the built in video until i save up to buy a 6600gt or a 6800gt....then i won't have to worry about going over budget until the video card comes into play

my opinion: go with chaper ram and a better graphics card. At least a 6600.
The Corsair Valueselect ram works great in my comp. got a gig for about $80. Your XMS ram is not going to matter if you dont have a graphics card to back it up.

I would save up a lil more to get the better vid card. Dont wast the money on that 6200 just save it for the 6600. And marrondude is right on the ram.

well.....The whole thing about getting the mobo with the video built in was it would give me more time to save up for a video card i really wanted......TYhis way i'll have the good ram already in there and then whenever i get the money all I have to do is buy the video card....I have to buy this machine in pieces because i'm only 15 and am paying for the whole thing buy myself.........I'l gonna get the mobo w/ video then i can just buy a 6600 whenever i get the money.

Back
Top Bottom