Need new computer

JimyBob

Solid State Member
i have just registered and this is the first time i've used a forum.
i have just started looking for a good but affordable gaming computer. iam not to woried about a mouse, moniter, key board or case. i am not sure on what hardware i should go for e.g. video card, sound card, ram, motherboard and so on. my buget is about $2000. even if you know of any good internet sites that could help

Hey I don't know about the technical aspects but I would go with custom built which is cheaper and you get what YOU want. It will show how much each component costs and you can adjust this to your needs.

That way you can choose the best hadware for your needs

Just put in a search for custom built computers or something along those lines. Maybe some other forum members could suggest some that they have dealt with in the past that worked well.

wow, 2 grand is your budget, with having a kb, monitor mouse and even a case, I'm sure you will have plenty of money......for a processor I would go with an AMD 64 bit processor probably 3000 or up, and to go with that, an Asus K8V Deluxe mobo. I know someone who has this setup and it works very well.

With a 2000 budget, you can do miracles. One note though. Your CPU and Video card, no matter how good they are, will be useless unless you have enough ram to support it. Make sure you put in 1 or 2 gigs of ram in there, otherwise, your computer will run at the same speed as any other regular computer.

lo have the ASUS K8V SE Deluxe mobo!!!! and the Athlon 64 3400+....works wonders....an awesome setup :D

thanks heaps for your help i never new that 2 grand was heaps for a gaming computer.

you could even go ahead and get a cool case, kb, mouse and monitor, and still be under 2g's

What about a laptop? You guys seem to know what you are talking about. I am looking to do a lot of video and photo editing, d/l a lot of music, and play just a little bit of games. I am looking at a 17" Toshiba Intel P4 HT 3.2, 512 mb ddr, 80 gb hdd, Nvidia GeForce 4 FX Go 5200 64 mb. The cost is 1599.99....is that a good price and good setup for video/photo editing? I would like a desktop replacement basically. Let me know if you think this will do, and if not what would be better?

Well, for gaming, that's a really bad laptop. 64 mb on video? comon... in your budget, you should be able to afford a 256. Plus, get a gig on the RAM. And I would reccomend AMD for gaming. I say, go with a desktop, and get really good quality stuff for it.

Back
Top Bottom