Need new computer!! Tips please!!

couchpotato3223

Beta member
Well i figured with all the problems i have had with this dell inspiron 5150 im just goina get a computer, its not worth is to get new mother board or repair it becuase i swear if i took all the money my family used to repair dell crap i could get a new plasma screen. So please can anyone give me a good priced computer that is meant for gaming, i was thinking alienware, like a aurora desktop, i want a desktop around 1200-799$ that is a all for the purpose of gaming . And i do not want it to be a computer with lots of problems like dell crap! I know nothing about computers so please if u post computer words please give me a clue on what it is. i know the basics like motherbaords and suff like that but i mean words like Ghz (watever that is). i want a computer that has enough power to meet battlefield 2's minimum requirements if that is possible in my price range!

needing a computer is one thing...getting it is another!
do you wish to just buy one out right or do you want to build it yourself??

I like the computer above this post cuase it is cheep but I really no nothing about computers exept that Dell sucks. I spent 13 years of my life playing online console games, and 1 year playing computer online games/and trying to fix my old peice of crap system.

just don't get an alienware, in my opinion they are wayy overpriced and wayyy overrated.

That HP has some pretty nice options for you. No matter what processor you choose, they're all high performance dual core CPUs. For memory, I would choose 1GB DDR2-533MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x512). Any higher, it would add more cost to it. For the hard drive, I would stick with a 80GB 7200 rpm SATA Hard Drive unless you want more storage. Don't get the HP media devices that it ask for . Probably a useless peice of junk. For the DVD ROM, I like the Double Layer 16X DVD +/-R/RW drive because it's a DVD RW and CD RW in one. You don't need a secondary drive. For video card, this is a good one to pick, 256MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce 6600, TV-Out and DVI. For the sound, it you're not to into that, then get the integrated one.

if you're looking for dual core performance, definitly don't get Intel's Pentium D processor, get an AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor for gaming performance.

Do i have to buy monitersey seperitly or do they come with what ever i would get, and are flat screens really worth the extra cost?

nah i dunno what the timings are on mine (BENQ FP731) but this one has never ghosted ever, and i play (doom 3/HL2/CSS/BF2) never ghosted, and its not a super expensive one either, IMO LCD is better than CRT

Back
Top Bottom