Need Motherboard HELP!

Grizzly660

Solid State Member
Ok so not to long ago i took apart my laptop. ended up pushing a button, didnt know what it did. nothing seemed to happened and when laptop was put back together the cd/dvd did not work. so i thought that the button cleared something maybe. i have done tons of research and the only thing i ended up trying was deleting the lower and upper filters somewhere in the registry. work for some other guy, didnt work for me, but gladly it didnt effect anything on restart. i have also tried replacing with a different one that worked on the laptop it was taken out of. all that happens in both cases is the orange light blinks when i slide the tray in for a bit then stops. when i insert a disc it blinks for a bit(20 seconds) then spins for about a minute and stops. may i tell you that my drive does not show up in computer or under disk drives in device manager. But under other devices in device manager it has ATA Device listed with the precaution label. it says this when in its properties,

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"
"To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

and this is the location:
Location 0 (Channel 1, Target 0, Lun 0)
Any help would be very appreciated, if for some reason i need to use an external drive i do i have one. here are the specs of my laptop. i didnt think i needed to list any more info, but if needed have probably all information inside and out of my laptop.

Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276

Thanks for reading, Grizzly660

Back
Top Bottom