Need high speed internet help!

steve3592

Solid State Member
hey everyone currently im using dish network satellite internet service which is absolutley terrible supposed to be high speed but sucks paying 80$/month. i live in a rural area which has only 3 different wires on the telephone poles. meaning i don't have access to local cable and can only get satellite cable also but, i was just wondering is there any other internet service that's not dialup, satellite, and will allow me to be able to play xbox live also like real life time live gameplay which doesnt work with satellite or dialup. any help is needed and thanks to everyone.

The only other option for you might be a wireless broadband card from a local cell phone company, but I don't know what the latency of those would be. On your dish network internet the latency is what is killing you for online games, I don't know if the broadband card would have less latency but it's worth checking into.

The only other option for you might be a wireless broadband card from a local cell phone company, but I don't know what the latency of those would be. On your dish network internet the latency is what is killing you for online games, I don't know if the broadband card would have less latency but it's worth checking into.

That kinda card is meant for laptops and will not plug into his xbox though.

True, but he could put it in a desktop and set up internet connection sharing. That is not the best way to play xbox 360 but it's better than Dish.

Those broadband Cards that people use for laptops are fast and all but the latency sucks.

I have one but its only good to use for one thing at a time. Like if your downloading a 100mb file. It will move 50-100K per sec, but then web browsing will be horrible to use. Playing COD4 on it will be the biggest nightmare...

Those broadband Cards that people use for laptops are fast and all but the latency sucks.

I have one but its only good to use for one thing at a time. Like if your downloading a 100mb file. It will move 50-100K per sec, but then web browsing will be horrible to use. Playing COD4 on it will be the biggest nightmare...

thats good to know about the broadband cards, I have never used one so I didn't know how the latency was.

To the OP, it looks like you are kind of out of luck.

using ics will not be a good idea, depending on your cell phone provider i can tell you of a router to get that will make things easier (provided it works out of the box) of course you'll need the broadband card first

thanks i was thinking about those cards i have att and heard 3g is really good and read about this kid who used his blackjack, and used ics on the blackjack to share the 3g to his computer and then used ics from his desktop to xbox and played halo3 and said it was good, but then i would have to buy a plan with tathering and unlimited data

Back
Top Bottom