Need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hickfarm

In Runtime
I am tring to fix my pc. It is not the one in my sig.

The hardware is all fine.

I boot up the computer and it says the hal.dll is missing. I think that is what it says. And it won't let me continue. Don't know how to fix.

I am in ERD Commander 2005 while writing this.

After saying that, i use a system file repair tool in ERD and it says that SfcFiles.Dll is not included in the windows installation. How can i fix this corrupt or deleted file?

I am posting this in the off topic because this is where everybody comes. I want to have a quick solution.

Try this, in ERD, copy the hal.dll file from the Windows\ServicePackfiles\i386 and paste it to \WINDOWS\System32

Then do
Attrib -H -R -S C:\Boot.ini
DEL C:\Boot.ini
BootCfg /Rebuild
Fixboot

In the command prompt on ERD.

Law said:
Try this, in ERD, copy the hal.dll file from the Windows\ServicePackfiles\i386 and paste it to \WINDOWS\System32

Then do
BootCfg /Rebuild
Fixboot

In the command prompt on ERD.

I did everything you said but the command prompt said it doesn't recognize the command Fixboot as internal or external command.

What next?

I'm out so if you still having trouble getting it to work, take a look at this link . It usually requires a Windows repair for that sort of problem. Remember to fix the boot.ini file, do the follow (not a single command).

BootCfg /Rebuild
Fixboot

Also, instead of reinstalling, do a repair so you won't lose your data this way.

Later :bald:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom